My Big Duke Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cosmodion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To set the scene: It has been a few days without any word from Duke University, a school I had a regional interview with on February 20th.

My Question is this: Has anyone out there who has been accepted interviewed this late?

Or almost as helpfully, do you think that 10 days or so is too quick to go from regional interview to acceptance (or whatever)?

Any experience or insight would help ease my wandering mind.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Cosmo, I am a 1st year Duke student and from what I have heard and from what the other Duke 2005 post have implied is that most/all acceptances went out last Monday, and a lot of people have received phone calls (and recently emails) if they were accepted. A few rejection letters were received today via snail mail. I have not hear anything about waitlist letters. It is possible that not all of the acceptances have been mailed (since your interview was so recent), however, I believe that all of the acceptances HAVE been mailed. If you have not received anything by the middle of next week I would then begin to hope for a waitlist. HOWEVER, depending on your location and the mail system for your area and the weather of recent days...anything is possible....I am hoping the best for you and the rest of people in limbo about Duke!

But wouldn't all acceptees have gotten the email? That's why I had assumed the worst for me, personally...Then again my Duke interview was back in October so maybe my situation is different?

Members don't see this ad :)
the1111gal said:
But wouldn't all acceptees have gotten the email? That's why I had assumed the worst for me, personally...Then again my Duke interview was back in October so maybe my situation is different?
Duke "has" a policy that there are NO emails and NO phone calls....both seem to be taking place....HOWEVER, I don't think everyone who received a phone call also got an email
still, I think rejections and waitlists are to be expected after Wednesday's mail call
Duke's loss!

dumb "policy" i think...and i know its their loss...but id just like to know for sure so i can stop checking the mail all the time!!