So, let me preface. My brother is at a top 5 law school which I know means nothing in the context of this post. However, when I told him my school list and stats, he was certain I undershot myself. On the contraire, I thought I had too many reach schools (and was still pretty nervous about acceptances). I'm a New York resident, 3.84cGPA, 3.74sGPA, and a 130,127,128,127 split on the MCAT (87%, ~32)
So, let me know if you think he's right. I appreciate any and all responses (I lurk, never post, but understand the experience of some of those who offer advice on this board). Also, if there are any schools you guys think I missed, feel free to mention. Thanks in advance!
- Schools: Albany, Einstein, Rosalind Franklin, Creighton, Drexel, Quinnipiac, Dartmouth, GW, Georgetown, Hofstra, Loyola Stritch, NYMC, Jefferson, SUNY Upstate, Downstate, Buffalo, Stonybrook, Temple, Brown, Tufts, Rochester, Vermont, Wake Forest, Cornell, BU, SLU
- Research: No publications but 1 abstract, 1 poster, and over 200 hours in an stress physiology lab (3 semesters to date)
- Volunteer clinical: Research associate ~50hrs (samples ER department for clinical history for a publication, NARAP), and over 200 hours with RNs at our health center promoting preventative health (CHSC below)
- Shadowing: 4 shadow positions, primary care (x2), surgeon, hematologist, over 200 hours
- Non-clinical: Various projects to clean up underprivileged cities around my school and working with special needs children (separate entities, over 100 hours)
- EC: President of Campus CHSC, Vice President of AED , TA experience for 2 years, etc.
- Employment: Chemistry Stockroom employee during school year (~6 hrs/week)