My chance to get off waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

my1molar

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all dental buddies,
I"m so excited to get in this forum finally. Right now i'm on waitlist at Tufts, Creighton and possibly at Temple ( my interview is on the 16th of April) and waiting for USC. My stat is GPA-3.87, Science GPA 3.94, DAt: AA 19- Bio 20, OC 21, GChem 19, REading 18,Math 18...badly...PAT is 15. One last big thing, i'm an international student from vietnam and doign my undergrated courses in University of Texas @ Arlington. I had a lot of leadship and volunteer exp. I applied too late in Mid Feb which brought me in this bad situation of waitlist. I dont know if it's reasonable for me to keep waiting or go ahead for the next cycle. as other wailists, i am suffering right now. Thanks so much for helping me out. I do appreciate every bit of reply :D :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldnt worry that much. Just focus on aceing your temple interview. Even though your PAT is a little low, your overal package is very appealing. I am almost 100% that you will get in somewhere this year.

I would encourage you to go ahead and apply for the next cycle... if you get in now, thats great, if you dont, there's always 2005.. In the mean time, you could stay in school or get a job.

gatorfan.

Members don't see this ad :)
my1molar said:
Hi all dental buddies,
I"m so excited to get in this forum finally. Right now i'm on waitlist at Tufts, Creighton and possibly at Temple ( my interview is on the 16th of April) and waiting for USC. My stat is GPA-3.87, Science GPA 3.94, DAt: AA 19- Bio 20, OC 21, GChem 19, REading 18,Math 18...badly...PAT is 15. One last big thing, i'm an international student from vietnam and doign my undergrated courses in University of Texas @ Arlington. I had a lot of leadship and volunteer exp. I applied too late in Mid Feb which brought me in this bad situation of waitlist. I dont know if it's reasonable for me to keep waiting or go ahead for the next cycle. as other wailists, i am suffering right now. Thanks so much for helping me out. I do appreciate every bit of reply :D :love:

Your GPA is stellar!! That should make up for your DAT scores. I havent heard if Tufts' class is full or not, you might want to call them and ask what your chances are for getting off the waitlist. I suspect the main reason you got put on the waitlist in the first place is because you applied so late in the game. If you dont get in this year, your a shoe-in for the next cycle. Just remember to apply early. I think you can submit your AADSAS as early as May or June.

If you are particular about entering this year apply to NYU (it's not too late, call them). You'll very likely get in. Use it as a backup.

THank you so much for all your advice. I'm afraid the class is filled up by the time all my paperwork gets in. PLus, the tuition is higher than Tufts... My parents might not afford it while i am not qualified for any financial aid. But I will seriously consider this. AGain, THANKS :clap: Y"ALL A BUNCH!!!

well, it's only April folks, let's not give up yet and the next cycle of apps doesn't start until June, so let's not get anyone's panties twisted in a knot...

Just hang in there and best of luck, how will you pay tuition for the private schools like for Tufts if you cannot borrow money here?

If your parents can pay it, then should you even go to dental school? hehehehe
:D

"Right now i'm on waitlist at Tufts, Creighton and possibly at Temple ( my interview is on the 16th of April) and waiting for USC."

Tufts is full, I called and asked a while ago. Creighton...well, Creighton has had a waitlist forever so I didn't even bother calling them. Temple...I interviewed there in late January and they haven't even given me a reply yet, so I don't really know what's up with them.

I think you still might have a chance at USC since my friend just got off the waitlist and put into the class, so don't give up hope just yet! And like sxr71 said, call NYU because you can still apply directly to them, and not through AADSAS.

So good luck!

Hey... When did your friend get off the waitlist? Was he/she interviewed just recently? I've been waiting soooo long to hear from USC... I interviewed back in November and REALLY want to get in...thanks for your time

You guys know stats that are qualified for interview @ USC?? They'll accept people till class begins. :eek: Pray for the best!!!!