My chances and ways to improve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dimatchka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.7 overall GPA and 3.6+ science GPA. I'm a bio major. Finishing up my senior year. I received 2 B- thus far, 1st one was my 1st semester in collage for Bio and the last one for physics 2 this semester, i wasnt feeling too well on the final and i bombed it even thou i was averaging 96 on the tests. I still cant stop beating myself up for this, and the proff is being stuck up. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I'll list my science grades and my activities and i want you guys to tell me what shape i am in.

PRECALCULUS A+ 3
CALC WITH ANAL GEOM1 A+ 4
GEN CHEM 1 (LEC) A 3
GENERAL CHEM LAB A+ 3
GEN CHEM 2 (LEC) A- 3
GENERAL CHEM LAB A+ 3
ORGANIC CHEM 1 (LEC) B+ 3
ORGANIC CHEM 1 (LAB) A- 2.5
ORGANIC CHEM 2 (LEC) B 3
GEN MECH-HEAT-SND LC A- 4.5
GEN ELEC-MAGNETSM LC B- 4.5 :(
PRINCIPLES OF BIOL I B- 4.5 :(
PRINCIPLES OF BIOL 2 B 4.5
CELL BIO1:MICROORGSM B 4.5
CELL BIO2:EUCARYOTIC A 4.5
BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY A 4.5
MOLECULAR GENETICS A 4.5
NUCLEAR TRANSPORT A 2
Cancer Bio-CELL PROLIFERATN A 3
WRKSP:BIOTECH (H) A 4
INTRO:EXPER BIOL (H) A 2
Calc 2 in progress

As far as EC:
I have heavy research experience in my School in Bio-physical laboratory for 1 year and 1 year in Cornell Medical center lab cell and developmental bio.
Im a vice president of a language club in my school
I volunteer in a hospital

And im currently in process of preparing for the MCAT. planning to apply for 2013.

I know this is not the strongest application, so any advice on how to improve will be greatly appreciated.
Also when im going to take my "drift year" im planning on either continue to work in the Cornell lab or as a nurse assistant in the hospital.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is the average for matriculants to MD schools. An MCAT of 31 or higher will maintain that averageness.

How long have you been volunteering? Have you shadowed any physicians? Do you have any interesting activities to list that would make you different from the average applicant?