My chances?? And what schools I would have a better chance of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chan4dental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I graduated with a bachelors in biomedical sciences with an overall GPA of 3.69 and sGPA of 3.65 and my scores in the DAT are AA 19 PAT 21 RC 21, I took it however twice the first time I got an AA of 18 and scored 18 on the PAT. I put in over 100 hours of dental shadowing mostly at a general dentist but also shadowed an orthodontic as well, I volunteered at the Moffit Cancer Center at USF and also participated in a few organizations at my university. I'm applying hopefully this summer for 2011 I'm just working on my personal statement and getting the LORs ready. I was just wondering what my chances will be with my stats and which school would be best for me to apply I live in FL and I know UF is a very very tough school to get into alot of my friends that applied their with better DAT scores got denied so the only other school in FL is Nova and I plan on applying OOS just not sure which schools yet. If anyone can give me any advise or pointers/tips especially from those that got accepted already I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone please...? I'd really appreciate any input or help.:D

Your chances in general seem pretty good. I'm not sure about UF, but you should definitely be able to land an interview somewhere.

I think you are competitive for UF. Granted it is very hard to get into, you are a Florida resident, so you have a good shot at an interview.

Just work on your LORs and personal statement and apply :)