My Chances? Applying in July!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMed1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 3.4 undergraduate and science GPA. Biochemistry Major. Only C was in Pchem

-I have been a Chem TA for 3 different classes since I was a Sophmore
-Research for 2 years
-President of a large science organization for 2 years in a row
-Pre health peer advisor for 3 years
-international service
-resident advisor for 1 year

1. What are my chances?-- DO and MD??
2. What do I need to get on my Mcat to get into a Allopathic school with my GPA. Im taking it in May

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have about 3.4 undergraduate and science GPA. Biochemistry Major. Only C was in Pchem

-I have been a Chem TA for 3 different classes since I was a Sophmore
-Research for 2 years
-President of a large science organization for 2 years in a row
-Pre health peer advisor for 3 years
-international service
-resident advisor for 1 year

1. What are my chances?-- DO and MD??
2. What do I need to get on my Mcat to get into a Allopathic school with my GPA. Im taking it in May
Without an MCAT score, we can't tell you your chances, and you haven't mentioned some essential ECs that would pretty much be necessary regardless of your stats.

What is your clinical experience? Have you lined up some physician shadowing? And not required everywhere, but able to enhance every application, would be some regular nonmedical community service to the poor near your home or school location.

To get an idea of MD chances based on stats alone, look at sector9's sticky at the top of this forum and you can see the odds historically for those that applied in the last three years with various MCAT outcomes and your cGPA.

Chances for DO would be decent with an MCAT of 27.