My chances as an IMG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xbocker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised why they haven't released the 2015 NRMP match outcome for IMG students. The latest one is 2013. Just wondering if someone can give me an idea if my credentials are good enough for a family medicine residency program for this cycle.

Step 1: 210 (1st attempt)
Step 2: 230 (1st attempt)
Step 2 CS (1st attempt)

I am a U.S Citizen IMG graduating this year so I don't have my ECFMG certificate just yet. I have no publications or research but have done some volunteer work in undeserved communities. At this point I am trying to get anywhere. I am applying to about 240 programs. Do you guys think I have a shot?

Do residency programs use Step 1 as the initial filter? Because of my low step 1 score Im afraid they wont get a chance to look at my improved step 2 score. Should I email the program directors beforehand?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm surprised why they haven't released the 2015 NRMP match outcome for IMG students. The latest one is 2013. Just wondering if someone can give me an idea if my credentials are good enough for a family medicine residency program for this cycle.

Step 1: 210 (1st attempt)
Step 2: 230 (1st attempt)
Step 2 CS (1st attempt)

I am a U.S Citizen IMG graduating this year so I don't have my ECFMG certificate just yet. I have no publications or research but have done some volunteer work in undeserved communities. At this point I am trying to get anywhere. I am applying to about 240 programs. Do you guys think I have a shot?

Do residency programs use Step 1 as the initial filter? Because of my low step 1 score Im afraid they wont get a chance to look at my improved step 2 score. Should I email the program directors beforehand?

That's the exact opposite of what you should do. The PD at my program explicitly hates it when people email her about residency apps, essentially she filters them out. Soo i'd be careful about the mass emails.

Sheesh 240 programs? I thought I was applying to alot at ~200. Our situations are similar I think we will be ok. But now I'm wondering if I should add more at the last minute LOL