my chances as international student?

tavi90

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, im relatively new to the forums as i use to read the posts but not to write any. my question is what are my chances of achieving a medical career in medicine in the U.S. as a Mexican student? I have really good grades (most As and A+ ) and im doing the IB diploma which i hope it helps. Im in senior year and studying in an American school.

Can any one give me any advice on my true chances of becoming a doctor and studying in the U.S. and which colleges could be a good choice for a premed?

thnx :D

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the location of your high school is important at all. If you go to college in the U.S., you're fine. The vast majority of schools will offer the prerequisite classes for attending med school.

From what I can infer, you're applying as an international student to an undergraduate institution in the US. Generally your application may need to be more competitive than a US citizens especially for top tier universities. Universities generally allocate a certain portion for international students, but I don't think they care that much about location, so you'll be competing against people from Asia, and Europe as well.