ortho07

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Here are my stats so far, can any of the experts tell me how good of a chance I have?

rank for first and second year - 4/115
NBDE I - 91
Research - None
Extracurriculars - None
Currently in my 3rd year

Thank you

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
ortho07 said:
can any of the experts tell me how good of a chance I have?
Experts? Dude, we're all lay people here. Here's my opinion: your Part I score is good, and your class rank is excellent.

No extracurriculars or research isn't good.

OP
O

ortho07

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Well basically all i have are grades. The way I figured, was that you cant really go back and re-write any exams to boost up your GPA. But you can always do research whenever you wanted to. This is why I tried to keep my rank as high as possible. I feel its a numbers game with ortho.

So what do you guys predict? Do you think I am going to match? Would my application get thrown out from some schools because of my 91 on part 1?

About the Ads

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2001
Longitude 80.0W Latitude 40.44N
Status
Non-Student
Actually, your 91 "may" be lower for ortho applicants although two of my classmates matched into ortho this past year with a 90 and <90 scores so who knows?

Are you a Mormon (LDS)? If you are then your chances will increase! ;)

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
Dentist
ortho07 said:
Well basically all i have are grades. The way I figured, was that you cant really go back and re-write any exams to boost up your GPA. But you can always do research whenever you wanted to. This is why I tried to keep my rank as high as possible. I feel its a numbers game with ortho.

So what do you guys predict? Do you think I am going to match? Would my application get thrown out from some schools because of my 91 on part 1?
The magic genie says you'll match.

There, feel better now?

Jediwendell

10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Status
ortho07 said:

It sortof depends. I know this is a strange question, but are you a weirdo? If so, you might have some trouble matching. Only you can answer that question. Just make sure you apply to enough schools to not have to go through it twice.
good luck!

metalloprotease

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Dental Student
you need to distinguish yourself from the pack. research will be a plus, when all is said you have chances, good chances

About the Ads