my chances at psych residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klein

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am an IMG
2006 grad with
residency in psychiatry in home country followed by 1 year of work exp as a chief resident in same institution
usmle step 1 99/245
usmle step 2ck 99/245
step 2 cs-passed
no USCE....
5 publications

i m not eligible for california...so excluding that i will be applying to rest of the programs....

i was unable to find any observership....so im just banking upon my home country psych experience....

kindly comment....thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

i want visa.......so so PTAL thing was tedious for me...i actually dint try fot it.....kindly evaluate my chances guys...i will really appreciate ur guidance....thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
dude come on, double 99's... y even bother asking...
just get the visa and you're golden:thumbup:

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as I have the same question, except my scores are 76 (1st attempt step 1),76(2nd attempt step 2),79 (3rd attempt step 3). I was in past program IM for 6 months (got all credits), and surgery 10 months (got all credits).

What are my chances in psych? What does it take to get into psych residency for a person in my situation?

Honestly don't know. I wouldn't say your stats make it impossible. If with a good essay and interview, it's certainly possible.

Just apply broadly. Stats are weighed but not the only factors in our field.