My chances? Cumm GPA 3.5 sGPA 2.9.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I need to improve my BCPM but I want to know if it's worth trying. Currently, I have shadowed a doctor, volunteered for 2.5years in a hospital, am currently doing research, on the e-board for two organizations at my university, am TAing a class, and pursing a degree in neuroscience. I go to the best school in my state. I havent taken the MCAT. Please realistically let me know my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

With that sGPA and as-of-yet no good MCAT score to balance it out, chances are slim to none. Retake the courses in which you got C's and aim for DO schools, which will grade-replace when calculating your GPA.

If you get 34+ MCAT, you can get into a decent low-tier MD program. If you take a year off, do post-bach or a science masters and get a good GPA (>3.6) in science courses, and get a decent MCAT (31+), then you can get into a decent low-tier MD program too. Otherwise, your chances are slim to none as Meihua said.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm about to receive my third B in a prerequisite course.

Gen chem 1, B.
Gen Chem 2, B. (maybe B +)
Bio 2, B+

My question is: how bad are these grades?

I know a B is not a "Bad" grade, but it has obviously not been what I have been working towards, and I just want some feedback on where I stand. At this point in time I have a 3.5 GPA, and my extra curricular work is in relatively good shape with about 2 yours of work ahead of me.

I'm about to receive my third B in a prerequisite course.

Gen chem 1, B.
Gen Chem 2, B. (maybe B +)
Bio 2, B+

My question is: how bad are these grades?

I know a B is not a "Bad" grade, but it has obviously not been what I have been working towards, and I just want some feedback on where I stand. At this point in time I have a 3.5 GPA, and my extra curricular work is in relatively good shape with about 2 yours of work ahead of me.

you really need to nail that MCAT, and raise your sGPA.