my chances for MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankies90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Please understand that my initial career of dream was not a doctor.
I have been chasing for pharmacist.
However, I felt I should get into a field that is more challenging and where I can work harder at the same time.
cGPA:4.0
sGPA:4.0
I still have about 30 more credits until graduation.

Worked at shrimp farm and a chicken farm for about 100 hrs each (I just like anything about animals).

Volunteered in research for 3 semesters.

I will shadow a doctor of internal medicine for about 6 months.

Also, I am planning for hospice volunteering.

Haven't taken my MCAT yet, but I scored 32 on practice MCAT.

I am a Asian. My family moved came to US when I was 14 yrs old and my parents went back to their country when I was 15 yrs old. I had to live with my brother and it was very challenging experience.

I would appreciate any kind of advice ! Thx all

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, Please understand that my initial career of dream was not a doctor.
I have been chasing for pharmacist.
However, I felt I should get into a field that is more challenging and where I can work harder at the same time.
cGPA:4.0
sGPA:4.0
I still have about 30 more credits until graduation.

Worked at shrimp farm and a chicken farm for about 100 hrs each (I just like anything about animals).

Volunteered in research for 3 semesters.

I will shadow a doctor of internal medicine for about 6 months.

Also, I am planning for hospice volunteering.

Haven't taken my MCAT yet, but I scored 32 on practice MCAT.

I am a Asian. My family moved came to US when I was 14 yrs old and my parents went back to their country when I was 15 yrs old. I had to live with my brother and it was very challenging experience.

I would appreciate any kind of advice ! Thx all
Besides the clinical experience, shadowing, and research, I suggest also some nonmedical community service for a cause you care about, taking on a leadership role, and teaching (TA, tutor, coach, mentor). Also, interesting hobbies or artistic endeavors can help an application stand out. With your theoretical stats, All Applicants in the last three years had a >84% chance of an MD acceptance.

Also important to your chances are well-written essays on the application, supportive Letters of Recommendation, a clean legal record, and good interview skills.