1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

My chances of acceptance @ UW,UCSF,MWU?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dehaandster, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dehaandster

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I interviewed at MWU in Sept. and UCSF and UW in late Nov. I was wondering if anyone got in to these schools with similar stats to mine. MWU said I was an alternate so does anyone know if I have a good chance of getting in? No word from UW and UCSF. I am a Washington state resident. Thanks!

My Cumulative is a 3.27
    BCP:3.11 :( (Cellular and Molecular Major so had to take Biochem ect.)
    Science: 3.01 (Math really hurt this):(

My DAT scores are as follows:
    Academic Average: 21 93.0 Percentile

Perceptual Ability: 20 85.4 Percentile

Quantitative Reasoning: 14 25.8 Percentile :( (Always been bad at Math)

Reading Comprehension: 30 100.0 Percentile (Don't know how that happened)

Biology: 20 86.9 Percentile

General Chemistry: 23 95.0 Percentile

Organic Chemistry: 19 73.1 Percentile

Total Science: 21 92.4 Percentile

I also have over 3000 hours of hands on experience as a Dental Assistant in addition to hundreds of hours of volunteer work and shadowing. I also planned and financed my own oral health service trip to Vietnam. This is my 4th time applying. Yep. Thanks again for any input!

2. Chuckde

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I apologize for changing the subject real quick, but how did you manage a 30 on RC? How did you study for it?

3. joeDDS

joeDDS *UCSF Class of 2013*
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Dehaandster, your stats aren't bad for some dentals schools, but all of my friends with similar numbers didn't have any luck at the schools you mentioned. I think your DAT score is great, so if you have any way of bringing up that GPA it would help. Some schools are less worried about GPA, in fact I think your GPA falls right into the average accepted range at BU.