1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

My chances of acceptance @ UW,UCSF,MWU?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dehaandster, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dehaandster

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I interviewed at MWU in Sept. and UCSF and UW in late Nov. I was wondering if anyone got in to these schools with similar stats to mine. MWU said I was an alternate so does anyone know if I have a good chance of getting in? No word from UW and UCSF. I am a Washington state resident. Thanks!

My Cumulative is a 3.27
    BCP:3.11 :( (Cellular and Molecular Major so had to take Biochem ect.)
    Science: 3.01 (Math really hurt this):(

My DAT scores are as follows:
    Academic Average: 21 93.0 Percentile

Perceptual Ability: 20 85.4 Percentile

Quantitative Reasoning: 14 25.8 Percentile :( (Always been bad at Math)

Reading Comprehension: 30 100.0 Percentile (Don't know how that happened)

Biology: 20 86.9 Percentile

General Chemistry: 23 95.0 Percentile

Organic Chemistry: 19 73.1 Percentile

Total Science: 21 92.4 Percentile

I also have over 3000 hours of hands on experience as a Dental Assistant in addition to hundreds of hours of volunteer work and shadowing. I also planned and financed my own oral health service trip to Vietnam. This is my 4th time applying. Yep. Thanks again for any input!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chuckde

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I apologize for changing the subject real quick, but how did you manage a 30 on RC? How did you study for it?

4. joeDDS

joeDDS *UCSF Class of 2013*
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Dehaandster, your stats aren't bad for some dentals schools, but all of my friends with similar numbers didn't have any luck at the schools you mentioned. I think your DAT score is great, so if you have any way of bringing up that GPA it would help. Some schools are less worried about GPA, in fact I think your GPA falls right into the average accepted range at BU.