My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icdi103

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
State your MCAT score for accurate advice.

And "pretty good ECs" - no one knows what that means.

1. It generally helps to provide an actual MCAT score for these. "Very high" is too subjective and is generally based off of expectations as opposed to a concrete score

2. State of residence is something you should provide as it has a lot of bearing on your chances

3. Here is a forum for "What are my chances?" - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/what-are-my-chances.418/

Members don't see this ad :)
I held a leadership position in high school + various other stuff in high school

Forget high school existed. It does not matter at this point.

You have quite a bit of clinical experience. Cater your school list and your personal statement toward that. I wouldn't apply to research heavy schools or talk about doing research anywhere in your app if you have no experience.

Also be able to explain why you (personally) chose to apply and chose medicine over nursing, or what it was about nursing that made you realize being a doctor was what you wanted

Thanks for your reply
haha I know, I wasn't even going to mention high school but I was pretty involved in high school so thought it might have helped.
& yes I am able to answer those questions from my heart.
What do you think about LORs?

No one is going to write a bad "LOR." I've never heard of a LOR hurting someone. Mediocre wont help you at all but its not going to hurt you as much as you seem to think it will.

Also ask the preceptor nurse lady.