1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

my chances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by arch, Jul 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arch

arch Member
    10+ Year Member

Are there any other non-trads re-applying who are coming from non-medical professions? I feel like I'm the only one.

Here's my story (the short version)... Currently I'm a 28yo architect. I applied to medical school 5 years ago. I had a 3.4 gpa, 10-11s MCAT and many good medical experiences. I had an architecture major though and I think this contributed to my failure in gaining acceptance.(a lot of interviewers thought being an architect instead would be so "cool") So I worked as an architect and left thoughts of medical school behind.

Now I'm back with a fresh resolve to go to medical school! I re-took the MCAT in april. same scores- low 30's (As I fill out these secondaries I wonder what my chances really are. (by the way, I no longer live in California this application cycle)

Any thoughts? Anyone with a similar situation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mvalento

mvalento Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    wow. i am surpirsed that with your MCAT, GPA and some medical exposure you didn't get in 5 years ago. did you fulfill all the med school requirements? i know at my school it would be nearly impossible to get an architecture major and take all the requirements. what schools did you apply to? california admissions are pretty competitive. what state are you a resident of now? i think that your latest MCAT score may be a little low, but if you apply to reasonable schools you should have a good chance somewhere. have you had any medical exposure since you last applied? it may be important the next time around. good luck!

4. Golden Hour

Golden Hour Membership Revoked
    Removed Account on Hold 2+ Year Member

5. sector9

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Closed a whole list of necrobumped threads, including this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.