My Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.65 overall GPA and 3.40 science GPA . I am aiming for AA 22+ on the DAT and I am using BOOTCAMP and 2015 Destroyer. For PAT, I will be using PAT Booster. I am taking it August 2nd. I have taken very difficult classes throughout my semesters. For example, this semester I was taking classes 15 credits of science and most of them were 300s or 400s levels and I got a 3.50. Although I don't have an upwards trend in my GPA, but I have a consistent GPA meaning my GPA was always between 3.50 to 3.75. I never got lower than a B-( which is from my first semester in college). I have 100+ shadowing hours and I plan to volunteer after the DAT ( I will update that on my application as I plan to submit June 15th).

A.T. Still University in Missouri
Creighton University
University of Nebraska
Texas A&M University (my family is moving there)
University of Oklahoma
A.T. Still University of Arizona
Midwestern University (AZ)
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BU)
Temple University
University of New England College of Dental Medicine (UNE)
Midwestern University (IL)
UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry (my family is moving there)
Tufts
Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry (OHSU)

Please let me know on what are my chances and what other schools should I apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

It's pretty hard to give you good advice without a DAT score. What's your state of residence? If you're not from Nebraska or don't have any ties there, I'd remove them. Of their class of 50, 35 are instate and many of the OOS are WICHE students from surrounding states.

Reactions: 1 user
I graduated high school from there this they consider me instate

If you are considered in state for Nebraska, I would remove any TX schools. I was born in TX and lived there for much of my life but moved to Kansas when I was in High School....I still was not given any preference compared to other OOS residents. The only OOS applicants that get into TX schools are the 3.8< and 22<. Other than that I think your list is pretty good! LECOM is a fairly inexpensive school (compared to other private schools) you could consider adding as well! Best of luck!