My Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msav59

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a student from NJ. I was wondering if anyone thinks that I may have a shot at UMDNJ-SOM or PCOM. I will graduate in May with a 3.63 and A's in every science class except for Chem I. I am taking my MCAT in April and feel pretty confident. The reason I worry is that before I entered my current University I spent 3 semesters at another just having fun. I left that school with a 1.8 GPA and 33 credits. How bad will this first stint in college hurt my chances? I would really like to go to UMDNJ-som because I only live 20 min away. what are my chances? What do I need on the MCAT. Thank you any response will be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

An 11V 10PS 10BS will give you a 37.45 percent chance of getting into UMDNJ-SOM provided your secondary is returned prior to Sept. 10 and you get at least an N on the writing sample. Good luck!

Just joking of course. Score well on the MCAT and you will have a good chance of gaining admittance. I would advise against only applying to one or two schools because there is a factor of randomness in the admissions process. Research other schools that you would like to attend (both M.D. and D.O.). Apply early and apply often. Best of luck...

Thanks for your comments. I will be applying to many schools but because of their geoghraphic location they are my first choices.