10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2001
Status
Dentist
i have just taken the dat and scored a poorly in the math section and pat (both 18's). I have a 22 academic average and a 3.59. What are my chances of getting admitted into UNC-CH school of dentistry? I attend UNC-CH as an undergraduate and I do a ton of research here.

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2001
Calif
-
Status
your gpa and dat are all good. 18's in any section is slightly above average, which is about 17. With your high GPA you have a very good chance of getting in UNC, and just about any school you want, within reason

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'd say you more than likely will get in. I also attended UNC for my undergrad and like you got a 22 on my DAT and was accepted to next years d' school class. In one of my interviews, the dr. broke it down to me on how UNC looks at student. I was told that everyone receives a certain numeric score. 30% is your science GPA, 30% is your DAT science I believe (which in your case may help you even more) and 40% is the interview scores. You'll definitely get an interview w/ your DAT and GPA so I'd say the rest is up to you!

Good luck :p

About the Ads
OP
G

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2001
Status
Dentist
i can get only two letters of reccomendation, one from my physics professor and one from my biology professor whom I am currently doing research for. Should I seek more, or is 2 generally enough?

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2001
Calif
-
Status
no, you defianatly need 2 LOR's. Just ask any professor, its better then nothing. If i were you i would rack my brain to think of a teacher that i knew well and ask them;)

About the Ads