15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2001
Status
  1. Dentist
i have just taken the dat and scored a poorly in the math section and pat (both 18's). I have a 22 academic average and a 3.59. What are my chances of getting admitted into UNC-CH school of dentistry? I attend UNC-CH as an undergraduate and I do a ton of research here.

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2001
Calif
-
Status
your gpa and dat are all good. 18's in any section is slightly above average, which is about 17. With your high GPA you have a very good chance of getting in UNC, and just about any school you want, within reason

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'd say you more than likely will get in. I also attended UNC for my undergrad and like you got a 22 on my DAT and was accepted to next years d' school class. In one of my interviews, the dr. broke it down to me on how UNC looks at student. I was told that everyone receives a certain numeric score. 30% is your science GPA, 30% is your DAT science I believe (which in your case may help you even more) and 40% is the interview scores. You'll definitely get an interview w/ your DAT and GPA so I'd say the rest is up to you!

Good luck :p

About the Ads

15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2001
Status
  1. Dentist
i can get only two letters of reccomendation, one from my physics professor and one from my biology professor whom I am currently doing research for. Should I seek more, or is 2 generally enough?

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2001
Calif
-
Status
no, you defianatly need 2 LOR's. Just ask any professor, its better then nothing. If i were you i would rack my brain to think of a teacher that i knew well and ask them;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads