KababMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
Looking for honest info here,
Junior with 3.41 GPA, should go up this semester, hopefully to about 3.46-3.48, next semester if i persume the highest I can prob get it upto is 3.55 if im lucky I go to school here in Boston.

Havent taken the MCATS yet, plan on taking them in may, so i can apply early

Do research in organic chemistry for about 10 months now, professor knows me quite well, i feel he'll write me a nice rec

TA for several courses

Shadow surgeon

ER volunteer

Katrina Relief Effort 3 weeks

I had a rough first semester freshmen year didnt know what I watned to do, started off with engineering major took classes that I didnt need for Pre-med, and i worked almost full time freshmen and sophmore year.

Had 2.95 first semester, its been upward trend since then

So just wanted to know what my chances are of getting in, plan on studying 4-5 months for my mcats now

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you do well on the MCAT, say a 32+, you'll have a good shot at MD schools. Otherwise, you're in great shape to apply to DO schools.

About the Ads

KababMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
sorry guys, dont even know why the exclamation points or anything just going crazy here already took 2 finals, studying for biochem final here, history final on monday, i guess it got to me

But yea point is im interested in chances for MD schools

Artimacia

can do stuff real good
10+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Nothing wrong with going DO. Just study hard and word hard, and just hope. If you can't get to MD, then go DO.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
You've done a fine job of improving your GPA since that first bad semester. Even if you get it to the 3.55 mark, it will be below the mean GPA of accepted students. If you are not able to get a very good MCAT score (mid 30s), prepare yourself for the possibility of spending an additional year doing more undergrad work to get your GPA into a more competitive range before applying.

About the Ads