My chances..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osldal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first post here :)

I started my application a month ago, a little late I know. But I'm still trying hard to get everything done and mailed out by end of the year, and hopefully get to catch some schools with deadlines in Jan...

Here's my bg, a bit different and not as strong as most of you here but still would like to know how likely i can make it :)

B.S. in biology (top university in Asia), Ph.D. in bio too with a focus on pharmaceutical research (top school in U.S.)
B.S. GPA 3.3+ Ph.D. 3.6+ relative courses including advanced mathematics and biostatistics
tons of lab research experience in both Ph.D. school and other visiting school (UNC school of pharm), 5+ publications and a few conference posters, good LORs, weak in volunteer work and other activites... :(
GRE V580, Q770 AW5.0

applying to a Harvard, JHU, UMich, Columbia, UW and UNC (got a LOR from there) with a concentration on biostat aiming at pharmaceutical field of study in public health. Didn't see anyone else with a close background or at least a Ph.D. in science... would be very helpful if someone can give a hint! :)

Hope everyone best luck and hearing back soon from the schools!

Members don't see this ad.

My first post here :)

applying to a Harvard, JHU, UMich, Columbia, UW and UNC (got a LOR from there) with a concentration on biostat aiming at pharmaceutical field of study in public health. Didn't see anyone else with a close background or at least a Ph.D. in science... would be very helpful if someone can give a hint! :)

It sounds as if you will have a very strong application and an excellent chance of success at top schools. You're not late at all. Best of luck to you!