My Conversation With AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greg Maddux

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
here are the highlights:
1) my 30 minute call only costs $2 thanks to the good people at 10-10-220
2) One of my two transcripts has not been received. However, I do have a transcript from the Universtiy of San Diego (which I never attended - hope I did well there, though!)
3) Priority is given to EDP applications
4) Transmittion to medical schools will begin en masse on next Wednesday
5) The person who I was talking to had to ask her supervisor, who was in a meeting, 3 different questions. Highly trained staff, indeed...

Members don't see this ad.

hey there--another person in another thread also spoke to AMCAS and was told that it will take 4-6 weeks from this initial submission before schools receive all of the data. was this what you were told as well, or did they tell you that the entire app would be submitted next wednesday?

thanks!

I talked with AMCAS today after a 15 minute wait (not too shabby!) Luckily all of my transcripts have been received. I also asked the rep when my app would be transmitted and she also said 4-6 weeks after submission. It seems that they will start on July 15 as they said, but will probably start with those who submitted the earlier days and go from there. So if applied on the 21st of June, it did take about 4 weeks (little less) for submission as they said...

Question: have any of you perused your application printout to find that it has been "processed" yet? You would think that if AMCAS hopes to transmit in four days, applications should be getting processed about now, but as far as I can tell no one has heard anything.