My DAT Breakdown (5/30) and Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

casekid17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It feels so great to be finished! Keep working hard...it's worth it! I took a Kaplan class and used 3 Achiever tests. Here are my scores from yesterday:

PA 22
QR 24
RC 22
BIO 25
GC 23
OC 26
TS 24
AA 24

The Achiever Tests made the real test seem much easier, and they helped me keep a positive and confident state of mind throughout the real test. Top Front End on these tests helped me immensely.

The Kaplan class was a great resource if you took full advantage of everything that it offered. I did their Organic Edge, too. I was, however, very disappointed with the Angle Ranking. Kaplan's Angle Ranking was incredibly easy compared to the real test, and I was caught off guard on test day.

Hope this helps! Good Luck and Keep Studying! :) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

wow amazing scores! Congrats! U nailed every single section!

Can you please post your Achiever scores for comparison? My DAT is next week and I also took the three Achiever tests and score is low but I think it has helped me pick up my pace.
Thanks.

Thank you! I'm very excited.

Here are my Achiever Scores from Test 1 and 2 (and Test 3, but only for Natural Sciences...I crapped out at the end lol)

PA 18/21
QR 24/20
RC 18/18
BIO 17/17/18
GC 25/17/17
OC 16/18/19
TS 18/18/18

Hope this helps! Don't let those low Achiever scores get to you. At this point, it's all about reviewing major concepts, focusing on success, and staying CONFIDENT. Good luck next week!

Very well done! All 22+ is quite difficult, but you achieved it!
I agree that Kaplan materials are insufficient for PAT, but you performed well anyways. Good work and good luck with applications. Are you applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
hall of fame scores. if you don't mind, can you post your kaplan scores?
i took all the tests and i have the test in one and a half weeks. i would like to measure myself to see how much more hair i should be pulling out of my scalp. thanks!

No problem! I don't have access to my Kaplan resources anymore, so I don't remember the specific scores from each section. Leading up to test day I took Practice Test 3, Practice Test 1, Practice Test 2, and the Final with AAs of 21, 23, 19, 21 and Perceptual Ability scoress of 22-23 consistently.

No problem! I don't have access to my Kaplan resources anymore, so I don't remember the specific scores from each section. Leading up to test day I took Practice Test 3, Practice Test 1, Practice Test 2, and the Final with AAs of 21, 23, 19, 21 and Perceptual Ability scoress of 22-23 consistently.

Congrats on your scores!
Did you think the Kaplan tests were enough practice for the real one or is Achiever necessary too?
Did you take these tests after you finished reviewing or during your review?