My DAT is about a week away! I am scoring 19s on Bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothHurty.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am getting ready to take my DAT around a week from today. I am nervous that my bootcamp practice scores are not doing as well as I hoped. On practice tests 6 and 7 I am scoring 19s and the occasional 20. I am currently going through destroyer a second time right now! I also plan on finishing up all tests through 10, just been preoccupied with destroyer lately.

Are these scores good enough for the actual DAT or should I postpone? What were your actual scores for the people who were scoring 19s on the 'harder' bootcamp exams?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry yourself about low scores on Bootcamp. They make it way harder than the real test on purpose. I was making consistent 18-20s on every section like 5 days before testing and scored way higher on the real test (literally a 9 point jump in OC). You can look at my DAT breakdown for the stats. I recorded every score I had for each section on practice test 6-10 on BC and averaged. Then compared my BC avg to the real test to help people understand not to worry too much. I know I worried myself to death over those scores.
4/18/2019 DAT Breakdown 23 AA/23 TS/27 PAT

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!

I am getting ready to take my DAT around a week from today. I am nervous that my bootcamp practice scores are not doing as well as I hoped. On practice tests 6 and 7 I am scoring 19s and the occasional 20. I am currently going through destroyer a second time right now! I also plan on finishing up all tests through 10, just been preoccupied with destroyer lately.

Are these scores good enough for the actual DAT or should I postpone? What were your actual scores for the people who were scoring 19s on the 'harder' bootcamp exams?
Any timed test is just to be used to give you a feel for the exam on test day. From years of working with students I have found that timed test, from any source are not 100 percent reliable in predicting scores. I find that students can score higher or lower than what was predicted. There are just to many variables. Ask yourself do you feel totally prepared for the exam. I like that you are going through the Destroyer a 2nd time to pick up any bits of information you may have missed. It appears the timed test are making you anxious so I would spend less time focusing on them and more time working on any areas you are weak in.

You still have time to reschedule should you need to. but if you feel like you can Destroy the DAT Beast , go for it!

Wishing you the absolute best and always....#think30.....Nancy

Reactions: 1 users