My DAT vs. Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTandtheBears

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I also found it helpful seeing the scores of others when deciding whether I should take or postpone my test…here they are from yesterday. FYI- I have only taken the minimum science pre-reqs, which perhaps could have even helped since they are all fresh in my mind. Honestly I found the science just as difficult as achiever/ topscore the only difference is the grading is more generous on the real thing.

AA 23 (98.6)
TS 24 (99.6)
Bio 26 (99.8)
GC 23 (95.9)
OC 22 (93.0)
RC 21 (82.1)
QR 21 (93.8)
PAT 17 (66.8)

TS1 Bio 18 (6/27)
TS2 Bio 20 (7/6)
TS3 Bio 18 (7/5)
DAT Achiever 18, 17, 17 all within the past week
Actual Bio 26 (7/11)

TS1 Chem 17 (6/27)
TS2 Chem 18 (7/6)
TS3 Chem 14 (7/4)
DAT Achiever 18, 18, 16 all within the past week
Actual Chem 23 (7/11)

TS1 Orgo 16 (6/27)
TS2 Orgo 19 (7/6)
TS3 Orgo 20 (7/5)
DAT Achiever 19, 16, 19 all within the past week
Actual Orgo 22 (7/11)

TS1 PAT 19 (6/30)
TS2 PAT 21 (7/7)
TS3 PAT 21 (7/9)
DAT Achiever 17, 17, 18 all within the past week
Actual PAT 17 (7/11)

TS1 QR 17 (6/27)
TS2 QR 18 (7/7)
TS3 QR 20 (7/5)
Actual QR 21 (7/11)

TS1 RC 23 (7/7)
TS2 RC 22 (7/6)
Actual RC 21 (7/11)

Members don't see this ad.

First of all congrats on your scores! Second, thank you for the complete breakdown of your scores, especially the dates. I think from now on everyone should post the dates as well.

Are the scores everyone is posting your most recent, first, second or best?

Either way, congrats on some GREAT scores! Enjoy D school.

I'm not exactly sure what your question is asking, those are my scores for my first time taking those practice tests and it was also my first time taking the DAT. I noticed there is a typo in what I posted, I never got a 20 on the practice bio, the one that says 20 should actually be 18, and 20 was when I retook that particular test.

I just finished bio this spring and STRUGGLED for an A-, and my class didn't cover anything on the phyla or ecosystems...so I think my only advice would be that it's ok to not know the right answer as long as you can eliminate every answer that you know is wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
TTandtheBears said:
I'm not exactly sure what your question is asking, those are my scores for my first time taking those practice tests and it was also my first time taking the DAT. I noticed there is a typo in what I posted, I never got a 20 on the practice bio, the one that says 20 should actually be 18, and 20 was when I retook that particular test.

I just finished bio this spring and STRUGGLED for an A-, and my class didn't cover anything on the phyla or ecosystems...so I think my only advice would be that it's ok to not know the right answer as long as you can eliminate every answer that you know is wrong.

Congratulations and best of luck to you in Dentistry! :) :thumbup:

congratulations! I would be very proud of those scores.

do you think I need to get both topscore and achiever at this point? I'm not done studying and have 2 weeks till my DAT. Will I even receive topscore by then? I can't push back the date cause I'll be away all of August. what would you do in my situation? thanks.

I know with top score you can reset the test and retake it..
can the same be done with achiever?

My topscore through Amazon was backordered and took a while, so I don't know if you'll get it in time...maybe if you order direct you can get it expedited.

WOW you got really great scores! :thumbup: i've been taking the kaplan class and it just finished and i have one more wk til the DATs and i dont feel prepared at ALL! :( well i just started topscore and your post REALLY helps so i can compare my scores THANK you!

Thanks, you will be fine. To those who doubt scores from people who don't post- I am an older applicant who finds it unnecessary to share my life story with the world. I too doubted how much people went up after getting mostly high/ mid-teens on practice tests and posted my before and after as a way to give back to all the people who did the same. I hope my scores are an inspriation to others like me with sub 3.5 GPAs, or others like me who have only taken the minimal science courses, or as a testment to how the science score really is weighted towards bio.

If anyone has any addition questions, I would be happy to coorespond via private message.