my dilemma, can you help me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I really need your guys expert advice on what to do... I 'm scheduled to take the beast in mid July. Here's what I'm done so far, i've went through all the bacteria, haven't done parasites, viruses or fungi but i feel i have a good working knowledge on them and usually get those questions right. i'm taking kaplan, and we have micro coming up in a few weeks anywya. i've covered biochemstry and genetics, physiology (both subjects i'm fairly strong in). i haven't done immunology yet, and am still working through pharmacology. i just finished reading and listening to goljan the other day but of course have forgotten the stuff i read at the beginning! Would like to get through goljan one more time. I haven't reviewed behavioral, anatomy, histology, embryology-and i'm also god awful at all those subjects.

I took NBME 4 2 weeks ago and got 540 (228) and took NBME 3 the other day and got 530 (226). I'm in the process of working through USMLE world, i haven't done many questions yet, but would certainly like to get through it.

I'm contemplating moving my test date up a little (possibly to the end of june). my goals aren't astronomical (>250+), ideally i'd like a 240 (who wouldn't?), but certainly wouldnt cry a river if i got 230 or so. What do you guys think? where do i stand? should i move my test date up? do i have room for a lot of improvement?

Members don't see this ad.

Move it up. Enjoy your Summer. Life is worth more than a couple of points on this turd of an exam.