This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brockhamptonfanacct

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Those are all pretty interesting OP! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them but in to see what adcoms say.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, these are a few of the ideas I have. I’d like to know which of these would work.

1) I’ve worked as a freelance ghostwriter since I was 12. I write blog posts for corporations to use and sell them via content mills. I am a ghostwriter, so I sell away my byline when I sell content. I learned a LOT of lessons about finances, effective writing, communication, and developing an audience very early on as a result.

2) I write poetry. I joined a poetry website when I was 10 and gained a reasonably large following quite quickly, and I still post there sometimes. I’m optimistic about publication in my school literary journal, not too sure about others. I am interested in narrative medicine.

3) I cultivate my own aquarium and am interested in ichthyology. I know a lot about what fish should live together and shouldn’t, regulating pH and light in an aquarium, organizing a tank with an even number of bottom feeders and top swimmers, etc.

All of these have taught me how to put the puzzle pieces together, so to speak — each requires critical thinking and crafting, and each uses small pieces and insights to make a final product. I wrote my college essays about my mental writing process and they were well-received. I am confident I would be able to write about these well.

Thank you for your thoughts!
1 = 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>3

Go with 2 would be my suggestion. I do like 3, too. The first confirms what I've suspected: some of that clickbait is written by 12 year olds.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Go with 2 would be my suggestion. I do like 3, too. The first confirms what I've suspected: some of that clickbait is written by 12 year olds.

Haha! I only charged $30 a piece, thinking I was making a fortune. You can imagine the companies’ excitement.

I like 2 best as well, I think. Thank you :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users