1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

my dream is to get my training in usa!!!will it come true???

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by rubydent, Jun 13, 2008.

1. rubydent

Dentist
    hi ,,im ruby from egypt ,,,practicing dentist from egypt ,graduated 2 years ago ,,, i dream of getting more training till start my MD in fixed prosthodontics,,, i wanna ask u guys ,,,if any one knows how to go and get my training in usa in any medical center ,,,,hey ,,,i will pay for the costs for every thing ,,,i just wanna get response from any one who knows about it???????????? this is my fist step of the dream,,,,the sec part i will ask u for ur help later on !!! sorry guys but im sure u r of a great help to us INTERNATIONAL DENTISTS

2. brush

brush Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Hi, there r many dental schools who accept international graduates into their program. So if u want to do prosthodontics look for the schools which offer this program. This is the link which help u find accredited prosthodontics program that u want in all US. Check the website of each school to see if they accept international dentists.

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/programs/search_advanced_us.asp

Hope this help

3. rubydent

Dentist
    thank u for ur help ,,but i think its more complicated for me right now to join one of these programs offered by dental school ,as a fact to finish applications and approvals from the schoole in usa and the american embassy here in egypt ,i will miss the actual time to strart the program,,,,,, what i really look for now is any dentalcenter that offers training any where in usa that accepts me for a period of time ,,i will pay for all the expenses just the training will be for short period of time ,this is of a great help for me when i come back and continue practicing as a dentist here in egypt and open my own clinic.....plz help me guys

4. IndianGraduate

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    try the perceptorship program at UCLA....they have short courses lasting a year etc. their address is www.ucla.edu

5. brush

brush Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I think U need to apply before the dead line then work on ur visa. Some programs have a dead line around September- October. However if u get accepted the school will help with ur visa. Any way if u apply this year this mean u start ur study Next year & NOT this year. So the main thing is to send all required document as soon as possible.

6. Dentino

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hello Rubydent i guess i know what your asking for exactly, i think you wanna come to USA and work, but my question is do you wanna work as a dentist under supervision in a dental clinic or you wanna work as an assistant, in case of the first the only way to do is to take an exam called national dental Board part I exam then the TOEFL exam and apply to one of the dental schools here in USA that accept foreign grads then you can get 2 to 3 years of training in the USA which is the period required to complete this program and after you can choose between staying and getting licensed in the US or you can go back to practice in EGYPT since there is no problem in the financial status, you cannot work as a dentist under supervision in a dental office and its illegal to work without a license in the USA even if you a dental grade but if you wanna work as dental assistant you will need to get a valid working visa or an immigration visa to be able to work in a dental office here in the USA and you will be asked to have a valid XRAY license and may a registered dental assistant license, i guess i explained both situation if you have any other questions please do ask

7. rubydent

Dentist
    hi thx guys really for ur help,,,i think ucla works best for me ,,but when i connected the site ,,its says that all wt they need is TOEFL ,RECOMMENDATION LETTERS ,APPLICATION FEES ,,, but wt i wanna ask about is the course expenses must be paid befor coming to usa?????? and if i did and changed my mind to take that course and decided to try another program can i take my money back befor starting the course????? and i have to ask about this -THE MOST IMPORTANT-getting visa from egypt to usa is very hard ,,, my acceptance in ucla insures me getting visa or not ?????????? plz help me