My final USMLE Prep question (i think, yes, it's the last question, maybe)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

automan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have spent the last month on this webiste trying to create a plan of attack.

My final question comes down to which qbank.

Here's my plan: Qbank now for 3 months, then 1 month of USMLErX to drill first aid into my brain.

Is this over doing it? I can afford the $100 bucks for usmle rx at the end, but I am afraid I will waste qbank because most of the time I will be in school. I am hoping it will get me to start studying because $300 bucks is a lot, but I have spent >20k on my tuition and that hasn't helped much. If I can get through qBank in the next three months, with annotation to FA, I think it will put me in a good spot for the final crunch month.

If I spend an hour a day during the week, and 2 hours on saturday, I think I can get through 200 questions a week. That would put me finishing qbank right on time.

Here's the question:

Do Qbank a little at a time for the next three months once through and make notes. Then drill home FA with usmlerx the last month. OR, wait a month, study up, and then use Qbank all the way until the exam and hopefully get through it twice or more.

I also plan to use Robbins Review for path.

Any ideas?(As I write this, I think I will forget about USMLErX, and pick option 2 - wow, thanks for the clarity guys)

-auto

Members don't see this ad.

No, I don't think so. I did USMLERx first over the last two months or so and completed it about 3 weeks ago. I am now almost done with Qbank- have been doing about 100 Q's/day. I have also read many, many review books. incl. but not all- RR Path 2.5 times, BRS phys 2x, Kaplan Biochem 2X, HY CMB, Histo, Neuroanatomy (2X), etc... and that is about half of it. So, you can never be too ambitious.