My First Day Shadowing a D.O.!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I shadowed a Pediatrician (D.O.) in a small practice. He invited me to stop by several times throughout the summer. I was there for about 6 hours and got to seen tons of great kids. This experience has just reaffirmed my desire to become a physician. I strongly recommend shadowing to anyone contemplating Osteopathic school...and don't just do it to get the recommendation. I have seen Docs before, mostly M.D.'s. Not to badmouth M.D.'s, I think they're great...but, there was something extra that I saw when this D.O. worked with the kids.
I also have a new-found respect for Pediatricians....it looks like a very rewarding, but extremely TOUGH job!!! And guess what..I CAN'T WAIT!!

Best of luck to my fellow pre-meds.

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"

Members don't see this ad.

Just a quick word regarding pediatrics.

Many have discussed with me that they desire very much to go into pediatrics because they have a love for children and desire very much to work with them. While this is very good, here is a word of wisdom. A very significant part of pediatrics DOES NOT entail working with children. In many cases, you must work with a whole other group of people as primary, in a real sense.

That group of people are called parents!

wink.gif