My First Interview Invite!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm so happy I got my first interview invite from SUNY Upstate. I'm a CA resident.

Does anyone know why they told me the next earliest interview date is March 5th!!!!!!

WOW I'm so happy!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!

I don't know if this is new or something, but I have never heard of interviews that late. But, an invite can only mean an invite, so rejoice and prepare.

OMG, CA residents get less attention from their own state schools than they do anywhere else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys

I'm so happy I got my first interview invite from SUNY Upstate. I'm a CA resident.

Does anyone know why they told me the next earliest interview date is March 5th!!!!!!

In my head I'm like "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" WTF!

Last year, I had my interview at WVU in middle of February....From SDN....I have found out that there are people who have interview in March and have been accepted....good luck!!

Hi guys

In my head I'm like "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" WTF!

I got an invite from Upstate on Dec 1 (also my first invite :D) and the earliest date they have for me is Feb 20th :S

I hope this is not for the wait list ....

congrats! My suggestion is to call them frequently (not hourly, but every few days or so) and ask if there are any cancellations. I've heard from many people that that's helped them get earlier interviews (and usually, the earlier, the better). good luck!

I got an invite from Upstate on Dec 1 (also my first invite :D) and the earliest date they have for me is Feb 20th :S

I hope this is not for the wait list ....

I'm interviewing there on Feb 20th also!! I guess I'll see you there! lol:cool:

I'm so shocked I got an interview there! Especially since my stats aren't that great and I was only complete at end of October.

They must have looked past it!

Don't you guys think that your first interview invite is the best one!

I'm so shocked I got an interview there! Especially since my stats aren't that great and I was only complete at end of October.

They must have looked past it!

Don't you guys think that your first interview invite is the best one!

definitely. the next couple were good but not as exciting.

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Its my first interview also.....but i'm on Jan 17.......y in the hell are the dates so spaced out?...loooool

Anyway we can all kick butt at the interview.

Wishing you all nothing but the best

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Its my first interview also.....but i'm on Jan 17.......y in the hell are the dates so spaced out?...loooool

Anyway we can all kick butt at the interview.

Wishing you all nothing but the best

Because OP is from CA, in case she plans on traveling to the interview by foot. OBVIOUSLY.

Good Luck guys!! I interviewed there in October and loved it!!!

I'm interviewing March 5 too! I might withdraw though, since I got into University of Rochester today. Let me know if you're able to move your interview up.

Congrats!! The first of anything in this process is always sweet! :)

Congrats! Like Mr. Burns said, try to call them and ask them if they have any cancellations, so you can move up your interview date. Call them once or twice to remind them but not too much as it might annoy them.

Anyways,
Best of luck.