My First Interview!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
YAY!!! I got my first interview invitation from NYMC!!!! I'm literally beaming from ear to ear - this is my second time applying and I'm already better off than the first time!!!

I really think hanging around SDN has made a big difference for me - I hope this time applying will be my last!!

Thanks everyone!!

:) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! :) :) Have a nice trip to Valhalla!

-RA

Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats and good luck!!!:) :clap: :clap:

Congrats! Have a great time and remember that you also are interviewing them to see if the school will be right for you.:)

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
congratulations:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
would you mind if I ask what your stats are?

w00t! Congratz!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYA! :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) :)

Thanks for the enthusiasm everyone (and post padding! ;) )

My stats are very average:
GPA: 3.4
MCAT:31Q

a bit of volunteer work - nothing amazing like curing dengue fever in developing nations or anything!:) I've also been out of school for two years working in a research lab.

ummmm, oh yeah, my file was complete on 9/10 and I got the invite today (9/23).

off to the interview feedback forum....

:)

Originally posted by pwrpfgrl
Thanks for the enthusiasm everyone (and post padding! ;) )

My stats are very average:
GPA: 3.4
MCAT:31Q

a bit of volunteer work - nothing amazing like curing dengue fever in developing nations or anything!:) I've also been out of school for two years working in a research lab.

ummmm, oh yeah, my file was complete on 9/10 and I got the invite today (9/23).

off to the interview feedback forum....

hmmm...so i'm assuming, from your previous post, that your previous application cycle did not end up with any interview invitations? that's very surprising. your mcat is above average. where was your undergrad?

Pwrpfgrl,

Congratulations!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You're SOOO lucky!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

I have a friend at NYMC and she's always telling me how great of a place it is. You got kick some Ad Com butt and make sure you get an acceptance!! ::hungover:oes the victory dance::

Congrats! :clap: NYMC was my first too! Good luck...maybe I might run into you.

Congrats, and good luck

WISC-ite

Knock them down with your charm.

you guys are so sweet!! you're making me blush! :oops:

Veilside - Last time I applied (pre-SDN) I totally screwed up. I sent my apps in about a week before they were due, I only applied to a handful of schools (could count 'em on one hand - doh!), didn't really have much volunteer experience, etc. etc. So this year I did the exact opposite of what I did before! ;)

I can't wait to go to NY - I would be sooooo excited to go to NYMC - oooooh, now I'm getting nervous!

Congrats!
When is your interview........mine is on Nov. 12.

Jetson

Yay!! Congrats!! :clap:

Remember to pack etra hose (of you're a girl and wearing a ckirt)... just something I learned the hard way :D