my first rejection =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnstoner

Ben Franklin on Hashish
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm so depressed...i just got my first rejection from Georgetown...

so here are my stats...

10V 11P 12B Writing=T
3.56 GPA
Decent amount of research
clinical experience
decent EC
decent LOR

I mean WTF... not even an interview... booo urns!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it... you have solid stats, you'll be fine. I have 4 rejections! :)

well...rejection from GT...got that about two weeks ago...
along with others...i think 3 so far...
haha...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you interview, if you don't mind me asking? I interviewed a while ago and still haven't heard...
thanks!!
and don't worry about the rejection - you have great credentials - it is Gtown's loss...

thanks for the rally... i don't know if thats a good thing...

I just pray that GT rejection doesn't imply that my application sucks and everyone else rejects me... thinking about my future depresses me...

any more words of solace? :(

o yeah they rejected me post secondary... no interview

my secondary essay was pretty kiss a$$ here's an excerpt of why i want to attend GT...

"Georgetown offers the encompassing whole- a social as well as an academic life. If Georgetown exudes anything near the feelings of awe that I felt when I visited my friend in the DC area, then Georgetown offers the things that I find essential in my decision as to where to attend medical school."

what a bunch of bullcrap, but i did love how well i can kiss a$$... rage!!! rage!!!

They rejected you? How dare they! **** them. ;)
Good luck and hang in there!

I agree w Street Phil. The parag sounds good at 1st, but on a second reading you find that it doesnt really say anything.
Dont worry tho--You have Xcellent grades and mcat, so its just a matter of time before you get your first acceptance. Good Luck!!!:)

BTW--whats up about you taking over my Ben Franklin avatar, Mr Johnstoned ;) :laugh:
BF's most famous saying-- a dollar saved is a dollar earned (updated for inflation)

Originally posted by johnstoner
o yeah they rejected me post secondary... no interview

my secondary essay was pretty kiss a$$ here's an excerpt of why i want to attend GT...

"Georgetown offers the encompassing whole- a social as well as an academic life. If Georgetown exudes anything near the feelings of awe that I felt when I visited my friend in the DC area, then Georgetown offers the things that I find essential in my decision as to where to attend medical school."

what a bunch of bullcrap, but i did love how well i can kiss a$$... rage!!! rage!!!

hey man maybe that is the prob.. ur essay sounds like total B.S .. i mean pretty fake answer.. not sure hwo ur person. statements soudned.. if also fake sounding that could be ur reason. ur stats are awsome ull be fine

yeah it does sound like total BS... It sounds nice at first though, and I really didn't have much to write about why i wanted to go there but the fact is that the campus is really nice...it was actually taken out of context because i did state all my reasons why i wanted to go there.

What would someone else have written?

anyway...I use the ben franklin avatar because i graduated from UPENN

I agree its a bunch of BS, but most of the time, everybody has to BS the essays...........I wouldn't think that they even read the essay before interview, since its usually pretty damn long and they get thousands of them.............i doubt its that........my best guess is the GPA, while it is solid I agree, G'Town seems to be really really # oriented from their secondary directions packet...........dont worry, all schools anret like that, and you'll be fine, .........you'll definitely get in somewhere..............

nero

SO...I am totally confused as to where i stand in this whole process...i have applied to 15 schools have been rejected by2 , on hold at 2, and granted an interview from one....the rest I am still waiting tohear from. I am kinda freakin' out. i mean how long does this process take? my apps have been complete since the first or second week in September. I went to an undergrad institution which was on quarters which meant that I couldn't get my AMCAS verified until early July which kind of pushed the whole process back..... how long have most people had to wait after submitting secondaries??

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel your pain..i just got rejected from g-town too.
first one...

Johnstoner, I won't worry about GT... That school is really weird... A lot of the JHU med students were rejected by GT. They have a weird inclination toward accepting those who have connections to GT in some ways, or that GT was the only school on Earth that they want to attend. I was rejected by GT last year but I ended up being accepted to a school way, way, way better in ranking than GT. So don't worry about it, man.

Thanks everyone for your support.... i think i found my safe haven...SDN!!!!:clap:

Hopefully the other schools will be awesome and invite me...i think i do interviews pretty good...

anyway, just had my first interview today at hawaii and guess what...we ended up talking about burger king and the 99 cent whoppers, we also talked about bananas and i tried to explain game theory (economics) by using the example used in A beautiful mind with the hot babes at the bar when Nash figured out his equilibrium (the Nash Equilibrium)

interesting eh?

:cool:

I got rejected from Georgetown too... also my first! If you wanted to know what someone else would write, this is part of mine... "I believe that the comprehensive medical education at Georgetown University School of Medicine will provide the resources necessary for me to become a compassionate physician and a confident public health leader for my community. I am particularly interested in Georgetown because of the training provided in the social, cultural, and ethical aspects of medicine." Those were the first two sentences of mine... my stats weren't as good as yours tho, or at least my grades were not.

"I want to go to Georgetown School of Medicine. Becuase it is really prestigious. My doctor I work for he went to Georgetown and he is my hero. I want to be like my doctor I work for. I also have a truly and deep interest in the a field of medicine called "orthopedics" also known as "orthopedic surgery". Some people spell it "orthopaedic" but I don't because you dont call it "ortho-pay-dic" surgery. Thus defines my true and ingrown dream of becoming an doctor and a surgeon and a graduate of George Washington University School of medicine..."

...I wonder why they rejected me :confused:

were you trying to be sarcastic with the last comment.

ITs really funny how you said that you wanted to got to GT but then all of a sudden...it turned to GWU...interesting. forgot to change the school name with the essay that you used for pretty all the schools like I did...

I ended up using like 3 essays for 10 schools...

I guess i'm not alone in not getting love from GT.

The next paragraph:

"There comes a time in every man's life when he has to sit down and really think to himself, 'what will I be someday...what will I be...?'. For me, that day was yesterday, and the answer was orthopedic surgery. That's where Georgetown University of Medicine comes in.

Gut feelings and impulse have led me through my life. I chose colleges, women, and beers based on sheer instinct. For the most part, my gut feeling drove me down some great avenues: 3rd avenue, Broadway... and medicine. I never really came up with a list of medical schools. I partied hard in DC once 'n' said to myself, 'hell', here's where I want to be. Please honor my impulse via an acceptance to you honorable University of Medicine; that I might someday be rich, happy, and orthopedic.

And thus ends my letter."

I am such a well writer- why would those guys not take me???

thats the funniest **** i heard...

guess what i just found out i got rejected to stanford pre secondary... this blows....and sucks...

anyway...i still have 15 more schools to hear from so who cares... my sights are on the east coast anyhow.

:p :mad: :p

no love from ucsf, no secondary, only rejection letter

GT was my first rejection - also post secondary. And i have a little lower MCAT score and a GPA a bit above yours and similar ec's. I guess they dont like our kind, whatever that says or means, I dont know.