My friend wanted to go school BADLY..HELP RESOLVE THE ISSUE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vietricester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
He got accepted to the School of Medical technology. He owed credit card $23,000 and he wanted to pay it off before he can attend the school. He has no family members. So is there anyway that he can borrow loans somewhere? Do u guy know any loan will do that?

PM me if u do no want to post on here.

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

vietricester said:
He got accepted to the School of Medical technology. He owed credit card $23,000 and he wanted to pay it off before he can attend the school. He has no family members. So is there anyway that he can borrow loans somewhere? Do u guy know any loan will do that?

Thank you so much

Tell him to talk to his financial aid office. Maybe they'll hook him up with some grants or scholarships!

vietricester said:

Thank you so much

Unfortunately banks aren't very interested in loaning money to cover unsecured credit card debt...infact they will laugh in your face. It's impossible to give completely sound advice without knowing more about your friend's exact situation ( Is he behind in his payments? Is his available credit maxed out? What interest rate is he currently being charged?).

If your friend qualifies for federal finacial aid and is willing to live extremely frugally (working during school if possible) he can use the cost-of-living part of his school loans to help pay off his credit card debt. Not only do you have defered interest payments, but he will probably be getting much better terms and rate of interest from his student loans than his credit cards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, he have to pay it off. I would work two job trying to pay it off. Please be responsible and pay off the debt he occurred. It mght sound harsh but reality is he borrowed money and he have to find a want to pay it off. Try to call the credit card company and work out a payment plan. Im pretty sure they can work something out for you friend. They would like to see their money back eventually right? good luck.

If your friend's debt is spread over multiple credit cards he may want to consolidate them with a reputable non-profit credit counseling service. They will work out a plan with his credit cards to lower interest and make lower monthly payments based on your income. It took a lot of weight off my shoulders and put an end to late fees etc.

here's a link to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (to help you find a local agency) http://www.nfcc.org/