• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

My God. Unbelievable!

fiddler

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
    I got back from doing HW and checked my email. I noticed an email from Duke and thought it was a rejection email.

Instead, 1 day after my B-day I got an invite. YAY!!!!!

I just can't contain myself so I had to start a new thread.

fiddler

titoincali

SDN Angel
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 3, 2004
    SW
    1. Attending Physician
      fiddler said:
      I got back from doing HW and checked my email. I noticed an email from Duke and thought it was a rejection email.

fiddler

Congrats and happy bday!

About the Ads

fiddler

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Aug 15, 2004
        thanks. This was completely unexpected. I had institutional action in my early undergrad so I figured it had basically killed my chances at the top schools. I also have no research. It's a long story but i wasn't initally planning on going to medical school because I didn't think I could hack it.

fiddler

bubbleyum

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Mar 27, 2005
          fiddler said:

fiddler

congratulations fiddler, i hope you get an acceptance. is it your top choice school?
          i don't know why you thought you would get rejected straght off, you have great stats. they should be so lucky to have you come to their school.

fiddler

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Aug 15, 2004
            Thanks guys. I am still reeling from this.

the profile is missing my total cumulative avg. With my first undergrad the GPA is more like 3.7 - 3.8. and schools apparently don't like insitutional action.

I was suspended with immediate reinstatement then kicked out with immediate reinstatement. I really had problems during my first undergrad experience.

fiddler

kasha

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Nov 5, 2005
              fiddler said:
              Thanks guys. I am still reeling from this.

the profile is missing my total cumulative avg. With my first undergrad the GPA is more like 3.7 - 3.8. and schools apparently don't like insitutional action.

I was suspended with immediate reinstatement then kicked out with immediate reinstatement. I really had problems during my first undergrad experience.

fiddler

incidentally, when were you complete?

fiddler

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Aug 15, 2004
                I never got a complete notice! lol.

I sent in the secondary and that was all I heard from them. Then the invite. I had called them but couldn't get through.

I hadn't gotten around to asking them about it. I checked their website and it said I was complete so i have no idea when it happened.

fiddler

fiddler

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Aug 15, 2004
                  Hi Damota,

I keep getting you and Dakota confused because of your similar names!

Everytime I see you guys' avatar, I keep wondering why the big change in avatars. lol.

I think I got you guys sorted out now. You are DaMota and he's Dakota, right?

fiddler

fiddler

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Aug 15, 2004
                    Thanks guys

I felt the pressure lift from my shoulders after the interview at Drexel. With some of the stories here, it sounded like it could have been bad but it was a really good experience.

Good luck to everyone. it looks like just about everyone is getting interviews.

fiddler

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.