My GPA on my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d wannabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just checked my application and AADSAS verified my mark today.

What is the difference between GPA and GPA w/o?
Do shools look at GPA or GPA w/o?

Members don't see this ad.

w/o + and -
I asked this question last year and it will probably be asked 50 more times by the time the application cycle is over.

GPA = with pluses and minus
GPA w/o = without pluses and minus
my GPA w/o was a bit higher than my GPA

which do schools prefer? My gpa was higher than my gpa with/without

Members don't see this ad :)
okay, i just want to make sure they don't have a preference btwn the two, and that they look at both equally!

Thanks!

okay, i just want to make sure they don't have a preference btwn the two, and that they look at both equally!

If they did have a preference (which some schools still may), it's not like you could do anything about it at this point anyways.

This is a question I was about to ask a few days ago because I did a search for "GPA w/o" and the system returned 0 results. I ended up figuring it out through AADSAS though. That might be why it is asked so often. Also, when I tried to do a search for "+ -" and "A+" to find posts on those debates, it came up empty. This is because + and - are not recognized as search terms, they are boolean operators that modify the search. That's why no one can find these threads it unless they go out and do a Google search and find it that way.