My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I was thinking, i know exactly where i want my med school to be. I want to have a mountain that i can go skiing on no more than 20 min drive, an ice rink for skating no more than a 30 minute drive, and i want to be smack dab in the middle of a large bustling city. Does such a med school exist? is there such a place?

CaliforniaBear

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2005
Status
The University of Colorado has skiing as close as an hour away and world class skiing 1.5-2 hrs away. The city of Denver is not the most happening place, but it is on the list of top ten up-and-coming cities to live and I'm sure that there is an ice rink somewhere (they love their hockey there). Only drawback is the some 60K a year tuition for out of staters. Fortunately I'm a resident, so hopefully I'll be there in August...

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2000
Thunderdome
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I live in Portland and will likely be attending OHSU this fall, we have skiing within an hour (I don't ski so I'm not sure exactly how far away the mountains are, isn't that sad?) and a couple of indoor ice rinks, one in the city and one a little outside of it. Also, the beach is only 1.5 hours away. There's lots of nice outdoorsy stuff here in Oregon if that's what you're into.

Iwy Em Hotep

The Welcomer
10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Seattle
Status
Attending Physician
musiclink213 said:
I was thinking, i know exactly where i want my med school to be. I want to have a mountain that i can go skiing on no more than 20 min drive, an ice rink for skating no more than a 30 minute drive, and i want to be smack dab in the middle of a large bustling city. Does such a med school exist? is there such a place?
Seattle has skiing 30-45 minutes away (depending on how fast you drive).

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
What about UVM? Skiing shouldn't be more than 1 hour away, I'm sure they have an ice rink somewhere close...although i think its missing the "big city" feel to it.....

skiracer90

go sox!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Northeast
Status
Maybe the Boston schools fit this description. You can go skiing at hills an hour away or mountains 2+ hours away. There are ice rinks all over the place. Plus, the city is pretty sweet and it's on the ocean.

JimDiGriz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2004
Southern Cali
Visit site
Status
musiclink213 said:
Skiing - 1.5 hrs (Mtn. High)
Beach - 5 min walk
Ice rink - 20 min drive
Busy city - Westwood, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel-Air
PLUS and undergrad campus (that's a BIG PLUS)