My Income and FAFSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sacrament

somewhere east
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, (sorry if this is a repost, I'm having some trouble with the board today)

It makes me nervous that the FAFSA wants my finance info... do they take into account that, while a person might be making good money right NOW, that they'll have to quit their job once they start school? I've been out of school for a bit and I make a considerable salary, but in a year's time I'll be as broke as everybody else.

Members don't see this ad.

The FAFSA you are filling out now is for this school year only (2002-2003). You will fill out another FAFSA (or a renewal FAFSA) next year. The Expected Family Contribution is what they would expect you do contribute for this coming school year only.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by mpp:
•The FAFSA you are filling out now is for this school year only (2002-2003). •••••Yes, but they go by your financial info from your year 2001 income tax return (or an estimate of it). I don't know about other schools but U. Washington has a form you can file, called the Revision Request, for "students who are currently working but will not work during medical school."