Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

My Income and FAFSA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sacrament, Feb 7, 2002.

1. sacrament

sacrament somewhere east

Attending Physician
    Hey everybody, (sorry if this is a repost, I'm having some trouble with the board today)

It makes me nervous that the FAFSA wants my finance info... do they take into account that, while a person might be making good money right NOW, that they'll have to quit their job once they start school? I've been out of school for a bit and I make a considerable salary, but in a year's time I'll be as broke as everybody else.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    The FAFSA you are filling out now is for this school year only (2002-2003). You will fill out another FAFSA (or a renewal FAFSA) next year. The Expected Family Contribution is what they would expect you do contribute for this coming school year only.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mpp:
    <strong>The FAFSA you are filling out now is for this school year only (2002-2003). </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, but they go by your financial info from your year 2001 income tax return (or an estimate of it). I don't know about other schools but U. Washington has a form you can file, called the Revision Request, for "students who are currently working but will not work during medical school."