My issue with CCOM..........

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by njdesi, Oct 26, 2002.

1. njdesi

njdesi Senior Member

I got a rejection from CCOM in the first week of October. I have no grudge against the school, but my issue with it was that
    THEY DID NOT EVEN WAIT FOR MY SECOND SET OF MCAT SCORES in Aug. 2002 AND JUST GAVE ME A CLEAR OUT REJECTION! I went from a 23Q to a 25P (just around their mean). I felt that was not fair, esp. when all the other DO schools I applied to atleast waited for my second set. I have gotten interviews at schools of comprable admissions criteria (PCOM). It still baffles me. I am not the admissions committee so I know I am not in a position to judge.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER

ahh the arbitrariness of medical school admissions strikes again...

4. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    I know it sucks, but Im guessing they found something else with your application they didn't like or found it to be lacking in a certain area. Id call them up and ask why. I haven't gotten as far as you have, but I do believe you can call and ask to talk with an admissions counselor or something to find out why you were rejected.

5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]

PCOM is a better school, anyway. :D

Good luck

6. jhug

jhug 1K Member

calling them is a good idea-- that way they may be able to help in other aspect of the application as well.