My issue with CCOM..........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a rejection from CCOM in the first week of October. I have no grudge against the school, but my issue with it was that
THEY DID NOT EVEN WAIT FOR MY SECOND SET OF MCAT SCORES in Aug. 2002 AND JUST GAVE ME A CLEAR OUT REJECTION! I went from a 23Q to a 25P (just around their mean). I felt that was not fair, esp. when all the other DO schools I applied to atleast waited for my second set. I have gotten interviews at schools of comprable admissions criteria (PCOM). It still baffles me. I am not the admissions committee so I know I am not in a position to judge.

Members don't see this ad.

ahh the arbitrariness of medical school admissions strikes again...

I know it sucks, but Im guessing they found something else with your application they didn't like or found it to be lacking in a certain area. Id call them up and ask why. I haven't gotten as far as you have, but I do believe you can call and ask to talk with an admissions counselor or something to find out why you were rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by njdesi
I have gotten interviews at schools of comprable admissions criteria (PCOM).

PCOM is a better school, anyway. :D

Good luck

calling them is a good idea-- that way they may be able to help in other aspect of the application as well.