My last organic chemistry test...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russellfx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my last organic 2 test (besides the cumulative final) .. and my professor just sent out this email:

I have heard rumors that someone had the answer key prior to the third examination. The only way someone might have obtained a key, is if s/he stole it from my office or hacked into my computer. Such students would be criminals, and should be dealt with accordingly. Please let me know if you have specific knowledge of such criminal action.
I know students are reluctant to report on each other. On the other hand, if you are aware of cases of cheating, I would appreciate knowing the specifics, so I can take steps to prevent a recurrence.

Sucks cause I heard a lot of ppl got ahold of it .. and the curve is gunna be thrown off bc of it. Which really sucks for me since I didn't do too well on that exam. ****ing cheaters :\

Members don't see this ad.

This sort of thing really sucks. However, from my experiences in undergrad on up, it happens more than you care to think it does.

It is one of those unfair events that occurs all too often and those of us who go on the right side of fair suffer because of it. But, one thing is certain, life is not fair.

I had a TA of a class giving special closed door tests in the TA office for a particular female.
I missed a quiz for organic because of an acute neurological ictus- later a presumed brain tumor. The professor said, "I dont care if it is a brain tumor, you missed the quiz and you get an F on it."

Sometimes life just sucks *ss, but there are often many instances that make up for all that crap.:cool:

Bummer. I hope your other finals go well. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
uggh this sort of thing hapened to me happened in my undergrad physics class. I was the only one actually bothering to study, do book problems etc. no one ever showed up to office hours and quiz averages were REALLY high. turned out everyone (except me) had old quizzes that contained the EXACT quiz problems. sucks, could have saved me some time. I don't regret it though, in the end. I really learned my **** that quarter!

That is like me in my Physical Chemistry class.

The professor must of thought I was ******ed - he did NOT like me. He made that clear and I believe it was because I struggled to get my A in the class while everyone else was having a big freakin' orgy of success!

I just couldn't see why he was so oblivious to their openness of cheating (but he loved them all) - makes me the fool but I couldnt bring myself to do what they were all doing - or have the guts to step up and be a little prick who exploited their unethical asses!

P-Chem, who needs that crap anyway - that professor should really teach something worth while.

That is like me in my Physical Chemistry class.

The professor must of thought I was ******ed - he did NOT like me. He made that clear and I believe it was because I struggled to get my A in the class while everyone else was having a big freakin' orgy of success!

I just couldn't see why he was so oblivious to their openness of cheating (but he loved them all) - makes me the fool but I couldnt bring myself to do what they were all doing - or have the guts to step up and be a little prick who exploited their unethical asses!

P-Chem, who needs that crap anyway - that professor should really teach something worth while.
Success in P-chem????what kind of school are you at anyways?

Success in P-chem????what kind of school are you at anyways?

Hahaha!

Probably not considered the caliber of your school - but to its credit, it is surrounded by national labs, so we get some real gunners in certain classes and some real tough professors of that genre if you will.

This professor was one of those who taught other chemistry courses and you had to use the book that he wrote - b*stard!

Anyway, best of luck to the OP!!

Hi Russellfx,
If you have time on your hands, I would try getting the grades for that test nulled. Speak with the professor, see if he might do a retest, ask if there's a university judicial committee you could go to. I'm certain that this all sounds quite naive, but it may be worth a try. Sorry about your misfortune.