Ramathorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
...who took the MCAT the summer before he started college (he was 17 at the time), and this kid scored a 38 S. I kid you not; i saw the score report.

What a freak!!

About the Ads

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
...who took the MCAT the summer before he started college (he was 17 at the time), and this kid scored a 38 S.
Take joy in the fact that he'll have to retake by the time he actually applies to medical school. Maybe hard drinking, recreational drug use, and the last surge of puberty will bring his score down amongst the rest of us.

Ramathorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
Take joy in the fact that he'll have to retake by the time he actually applies to medical school. Maybe hard drinking, recreational drug use, and the last surge of puberty will bring his score down amongst the rest of us.
how long is the mcat valid for?

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005

I daresay it will be the harsh whip of a scorned woman.

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have a 17 year old in my MS1 class (well, he turned 18 a few months ago), and I'm willing to bet he got at least that on the MCAT. If that kid got a 38 out of high school, I'm guessing he'll finish college early and not have to retake.

if he graduates in three years, he'll have it in time.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hopefully someone that smart won't waste time in med school. Gotta go for the PhD if you're a genius.

sejin8642

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When I was junior in High school, I was taking AP Calculus, AP Physics B(our school did not have Physics C), and AP Computer Science. But there was a 8 years old kid who was also taking these courses with me. He was really brilliant. Is this kid a gunner?

About the Ads

Gabujabu

15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I dunno. I think I was more prepared to take the MCAT in high school than in college, since there was very little orgo, and most of my study time for the test involved relearning stuff I did in AP Bio, Chem, & Physics. College classes didn't have much relation to MCAT material.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Does anyone else wonder why the hell this kid paid 100 dollars to take the test just to see how he'd do? Sounds like someone somewhere made this up.

chable

A sphincter says, "what."
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Club Silencio
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
...who took the MCAT the summer before he started college (he was 17 at the time), and this kid scored a 38 S. I kid you not; i saw the score report.

What a freak!!

Yea right, and my friend has a co-worker whose aunt heard about a kid who scored a 31 on his MCAT. We all know you're the 17 year old with the 38S. :p

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

I wonder what my MCAT score at 17 would have been then?

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What a hottie! Is he single?

sorry Beatrix...he's taken and he's Mormon...oh wait...not quite taken! (what a find!)

prom_asian_nerd.jpg

hlchess

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2005
Ohio
www.umich.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How about that kid who got into Pritzker who's like 12 years old? And he's in the MD/PhD program. I wonder what his MCAT score was?

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
In a world all my own.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
My cat has beeen looking over my shoulder while I study my MCAT books.

The other day she pointed to the answers on a practice test.

Kitty scored a 13 verbal! MEOW.

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Poor kid, he did not have normal childhood...he is missing a lot.I read about study that shows that those people have shorter life span. If I would not leave my country I would graduate from college at 19...I had no life. Question is does it really worth it? Did that kid who graduated in 1995 became a famous doctor to call him genious? What happenned to those kids who entered prof schools at so young age?

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
New York, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
What happenned to those kids who entered prof schools at so young age?

They eventually get older like the rest of us -- I have a feeling they will just end up blending in with the other folks who went through professional school, too. I really don't see any point in going to school that young.

PeripateticMD

Peripatetic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
World
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
They eventually get older like the rest of us -- I have a feeling they will just end up blending in with the other folks who went through professional school, too. I really don't see any point in going to school that young.

they have no youth and have never had icecream or gone on a merry-go-round. They also have less body hair at the beginning (if they're men).

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
For me it was not worth it...I had straight "As" GPA, won couple of city competitions in physics and math. Why? I wanted to proof that I am not worse than anybody else. I wanted to proof that I have brains and blah blah..Was it worth it? No. I burned out and almost committed suicide when I got to the US because I realized that I was NOTHING (no language,no money, no job)...What I was hearing from my family was " you were the BEST before now do it!!! Why do you have problems with the language, you are not suppose to have any problems because u have a good memory, so why u cannot find a good job now, it is all easy for you!.."

In my opinion it does not worth it...Those people missing a lot and they dont know what they are missing because from their childhood their controlling parents tought them that there is only one way how to live the life. My kids will graduate at 17 or 18 and will go to college and graduate in normal time and will choose that they want to do...I want them to know life in many ways and be happy.

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
In a world all my own.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Poor kid, he did not have normal childhood...he is missing a lot.I read about study that shows that those people have shorter life span. If I would not leave my country I would graduate from college at 19...I had no life. Question is does it really worth it? Did that kid who graduated in 1995 became a famous doctor to call him genious? What happenned to those kids who entered prof schools at so young age?

Well my cat says all the gunner kittens at the ASPCA burn themselves out by the time they are two years old 'cause they sell out their cutness for a bowl of cheap kibble and a plastic water dish.

She says the trick is to play it cool and enjoy your youth. That way you get a person who will buy you a customized cat bed and will clean your poop WELL into your senior years!

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

its kind of like childstar actors. if you peak early, you tend to fall fast.

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
its kind of like childstar actors. if you peak early, you tend to fall fast.

or like the kid who got the mustache/boobs first in junior high. you were cool for a moment and then years later when everyone got mustaches, you ended up being hairy and freakishly short or as for the case of the girl with the boobs, yours lost some of the pertness compared w/ the new installments. ok maybe this never happened.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.