My mailbox drought appears to be over...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racergirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well this is weird!

After getting zippo mail from med schools since Oct 5, today I recieved:

1) My official acceptance letter from the U of MN--Minneapolis (but they called me last week to let me know I'm in--YAY!

2) My rejection letter from University of Wisconsin (without secondary). About time I heard something from them, even if it was a swift kick in my butt!

3) An invitation to interview at Northwestern--WOW! This one was completely unexpected!

Quite a bit of mailbox action for one day, considering I didn't think we got mail today! Here's hoping the rest of the mailbox drought people start getting good news (or ANY news) soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, racergirl!! :D Nice getting an acceptance and an interview invite on the same day as a rejection -- sort of takes the sting out, doesn't it? ;)

You bet it does, SMW! By the way, Am I high, or did I see on another thread you got a phone interview with Mayo? Now that is TRULY awesome.

Nope, I'm not high--I just checked! Congrats and good luck on the Mayo phone interview (as well as your other interviews!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, racergirl. :)

Congrats...my box was full too...of disappointing news and just some other stuff :(

*UIC wants me to apply...
*Tulane FINALLY FREAKING GAVE me an interview! It's about damn time...I will probably turn it down though...
*Got REJECTED from MY TOP CHOICE IN THE FREAKING WORLD! Damn UCSF to hell!
:( :( :(

Sorry to hear that, Scooby!! :( It's definitely a crap shoot, though, so don't take it too personally. I'm sure that doesn't help at all.......but, I'm also sure you'll end up somewhere you can be happy. If you're turning down interview invites, your situation can't be too dire! ;)

All I got today was 2 app complete postcards.

all i got was my free copy of the wall street journal :D

racergirl,

Congratulations! Does Northwestern's status page reflect your interview, or does it still apologize for any "convenience" they may be causing you? I'm wondering if they actually update their status page.

congrats to all of you getting acceptances! sorry to intrude on this thread; I'm a first year med student and just like to look on here sometimes. I just wanted to strongly advise Scooby to NOT turn down any interviews until you have an acceptance (I apologize if you have and I just didn't know). My mom tried to talk me into turning down my late SLU interview last year because she thought St. Louis was too far away from the family (in Baltimore) and that I would be very unhappy there. I chose not to take her advice, went to the interview, and SLU turned out to be my first acceptance (off alternate list). I would have happily gone to SLU; very pleasantly surprised by the city and school, but still really wanted to go to Tufts. So I e-mailed the Tufts admission office, told them that Tufts was my first choice but that I had been accepted elsewhere and would like to know as soon as possible if they planned on taking me off the waitlist. Tufts accepted me the next day! Just goes to show you never know what can happen; I would advise you from experience and from what I hear from others to go to the interview at Tulane. I have one classmate who went to Tulane undergrad who loves New Orleans and wanted to go there for med school but didn't get in. I think you might like New Orleans, and the females are rumored to be attractive to look at at Tulane. ;) Well, good luck, and hope you apply to Tufts as well..

racer girl hi girl, what were ur stats and which state u went to medical school?

thnx

Northwestern! kick butt. I'd be racing around my living room if I got one there :)

Scoob, guess we both got blanked by the Bay area, but keep in mind you got an interger greater than zero in that all important ACCEPTANCE column.. here's hoping I join you soon.

Ranger Bob,

Yes, the interview is reflected in the status page. The "convenience" message is still there, but just below your name there is a button that says "you may schedule an interview" that you click on. If you scroll down, it will also list the date your paper invitation was sent. By the way, the only reason I checked my status was because I saw other people here talking about it! So keep checking it every so often!

Watcha,

My stats are weird: GPA 3.06 (YIKES! but with a strong upward trend and a 5 year gap between old bad grades and good new ones) Sci GPA 3.57; MCAT 13-15V 11P 13B Q. As for what state I went to med school..uh, that would be nowhere, but if you mean what state I did undergrad that would be minnesota. If you mean where I've been accepted, that would be minnesota too.

Hey Racergirl Many congratulations!!! Damn your MCAT is waaay out there on its own. CRAZY :D

USEF: You got kicked in the groin by the bay area big shots too? damn...

Katie: I have one acceptance but I am debating about whether or not to go to 3 other interviews I have. I am just worn out by the whole process now.

Originally posted by racergirl:
•Ranger Bob,

Yes, the interview is reflected in the status page. The "convenience" message is still there, but just below your name there is a button that says "you may schedule an interview" that you click on. If you scroll down, it will also list the date your paper invitation was sent. By the way, the only reason I checked my status was because I saw other people here talking about it! So keep checking it every so often!

Watcha,

My stats are weird: GPA 3.06 (YIKES! but with a strong upward trend and a 5 year gap between old bad grades and good new ones) Sci GPA 3.57; MCAT 13-15V 11P 13B Q. As for what state I went to med school..uh, that would be nowhere, but if you mean what state I did undergrad that would be minnesota. If you mean where I've been accepted, that would be minnesota too.•••

wow girl, screw the gpa, ur mcat kicks ass :D

I want her MCAT scores too...how could we get them...Watcha and me will work out an "exchange" with you :)