my mailbox was stolen!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, how much does this suck!

I walk out of my house two days ago, thinking I was leaving early for work, and surprise surprise at the bottom of my driveway there's a stump where my mailbox used to stand! Some punk kid (we know who it is now, the jerk confessed to my brother's best friend...) broke the mailbox off the post and threw it in the woods. :mad:

Now this wouldn't ordinarily be a huge problem, except for two things: 1)I'm waiting for secondaries (you say- well, you just have to go to the post office to pick up your mail.....which leads to the second problem.) 2) My mother's car is in the shop (this is the longest freakin tune-up i've ever heard of), so she can't go to the post office, and my dad and I both work full time a 45 minute commute away from the post office! I leave for work around 8:15am, and don't get back usually until 7pm.....bad news is post office closes latest 6!

So now that you've read my story, let me ask my question:
Did anyone get secondaries from:
SUNY Stoneybrook
Temple
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson
MCP-Hahnemann
MCV

I just want to know how badly this little punk screwed me over.

Thanks guys!

Good Luck!:)

Members don't see this ad.

that really sucks. i hope you get everything on time! tell this jerk it's a FELONY to remove someone's mailbox - tampering with the u.s. postal service's business. he'd (i'm assuming it's a he) better be careful!

That sucks. Well, you need a new mailbox asap. It there anyway you can get to a place where you can get a new mailbox? If you get a new mailbox out there by tomorrow... all you would have to worry about is the mail from today.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think mailman would know to deliver it at your door. u should probably just write a visible note on a sheet of paper and put in near the spot where the box used to be. Either that or just put some sort of box/maybe small trashcan there where he/she can put mail in.

i don't think anyone was playing a prank on you. most likely, they might have been drunk and crashed into the post.

if it was the kid, you make sure to give him the red headed step child treatment.

as for secondaries, I haven't gotten temple, drexel, and robert wood as of this morning. The other schools i dont know

Originally posted by smilez428
Some punk kid (we know who it is now, the jerk confessed to my brother's best friend...) broke the mailbox off the post and threw it in the woods. :mad:

How do you break the post off a mailbox, unless you clip it with your car? :confused:

I will make him go pick up your letters from the post office, that little brat, ooooooo.+pissed+

funny thing is, my sisters car was parked right near the maibox, so no car hit it. This punk must have hit it with a baseball bat or something to that effect. It was definitely a purposeful act! grrrrr anyway, new mailbox is up...still waiting for secondaries! btw- my maillady doesn't ever get out of her car! so delivering to the door is out of the question for her.

Good Luck everyone!

hey... i know some italians..
why don't you give me the guy's name... general location... and i'll call up vinny a little later and make sure you're taken care of... you're family to us here.
p

Originally posted by poloace
hey... i know some italians..
why don't you give me the guy's name... general location... and i'll call up vinny a little later and make sure you're taken care of... you're family to us here.
p

LMAO!!!!!:laugh:

GUESS WHAT???? My dad put up a new mailbox on saturday.....only to have it trashed again! I'm not even joking around....my mailbox was decked again! Luckily, 6 kids were arrested the same night for knocking over mailboxes. Why do they have to target me, the neurotic premed waiting for secondaries??? why why why!!!! Now we need to go buy another mailbox! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry needed to vent.....:mad:

i got all excited. there was a letter from SUNY upstate in the mail....but it was just a correction to their secondary booklet. d'oh!

Originally posted by smilez428

LMAO!!!!!:laugh:

GUESS WHAT???? My dad put up a new mailbox on saturday.....only to have it trashed again! I'm not even joking around....my mailbox was decked again! Luckily, 6 kids were arrested the same night for knocking over mailboxes. Why do they have to target me, the neurotic premed waiting for secondaries??? why why why!!!! Now we need to go buy another mailbox! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry needed to vent.....:mad:

i got all excited. there was a letter from SUNY upstate in the mail....but it was just a correction to their secondary booklet. d'oh!

:laugh: this will be a good interview ice-breaker.