1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

My major is makin it harder

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorAnnie, Feb 26, 2002.

1. DoctorAnnie

DoctorAnnie Junior Member

Ok, my major is Kinesiology. Im also premed (duh). The problem is that my major is full of physiology and anatomy, which i love, and alot of kinesioloy classes. I am in Gen Chem now, and when i transfer outta community college, i will have to take physiology and anatomy next year. Im also plannin on taking bio an calc too. Over the summer, i want to take physics, and junior year i wanna take Orgo. Does this sound like a good plan? I wish my major would allow me to take physiology and anatomy my senior year, but it doesnt. Any feedback would be a great help...oh,by the way, i have heard so much about taking premed classes at a community collge, and i really dont care since i am gettig a solid "A".

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Annie,
    I can't give you all the info that you are looking for, but you should know that coming from a community college to a university the level of difficulty increases. Based on what admissions people I have known, they will look at community college courses to assure you did well, but when it comes to your application they will put a lot more weight on your college courses and how you do. Just beware of this because I had friends that had 4.0 coming from CCs and were barely over a 3.0-3.5 in college. So although their GPA averages were 3.5 or a little higher (averaging ccs and university), they were getting rejected by med schools.