My MCAT study schedule plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedrose

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planing...

Note- I will spend about 5-8 hours each day.

On odd # of days- 1 ch. from bio (about 60 pages) and all the passage questions for that chapter (in the Science workbook), do 2 VR passages, and 1 writing prompt. Listen to that day's examkracker audio osmosis topics (total of 10 days)

On even # of days- 1 ch. from phy (about 25 pages) and 1 ch. from chem (also about 25 pages) and all the passage questions for that chapter (in the Science workbook) , do 2 VR passages, and 1 writing prompt. Listen to that day's examkracker audio osmosis topics (total of 10 days)

Then, 6 days of review of everything.

Then take a diagnostic test from both Princeton and Kaplan (I decided not to take the diagnostic test at the begining since it will be a waste of time b/c I don't remember anything from my classes). 2 days- take the tests and review the answers

Then I would start the Examkrackers books.
Every day- 1 chapter from Bio, Phy, and Chem, 2 VR passages (from 101 VR book), and 1 writing prompt. Listen to that day's examkracker audio osmosis topics again.

4 days of review of everything from Examkrackers books.

Finally after all this I would take AAMC tests, PR tests, and Kaplan tests.

I will be doing this in the Summer. I will not take any classes nor will I volunteer or work anymore during this time. Lots of time to spend on the MCAT. nice.....i guess.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i think that sounds like a recipe for burnout if you aren't careful. its important to get lots of hours in studying, but make there they are efficient hours. you may log 50+ hours a week studying in this way, but unless you are a hardcore student with an out of this world attention span all of those hours may not be fruitful.

im not trying to put down your plan because its absolutely necessary to have one imo. just make sure you schedule breaks and time for yourself in there. i think doing this will really increase your info uptake and recall (not to mention overall happiness + sanity).

good luck to ya. :thumbup:

Thanks for your advice!

I am going to try to make it really effective, since I am kind of trying to fit in a lot of stuff at once. However I think it will be kind of like a review since I already took all the required classes this and last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha that's intense... I thought I was going hard....

Make sure to get some fun in there somewhere....

When you redo with examkrackers... decide what is necessary to reviews if you understand acid/base chemistry really well there's no need to redo it...