My MD application took 10 mins to verify.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YA7ES

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is not a joke. I submitted my AMCAS at 10:45 am and received confirmation of verification and release to the med schools at 10:55 am. This is ridiculous because i submitted AACOMAS a month ago tomorrow.

Note*
My application may have been expedited because i applied early decision. and the early decision deadline is tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

That's just how AACOMAS is...very, very, unreasonably slow. I submitted AACOMAS the first day and it still took them 4 weeks to verify me.

Members don't see this ad :)
WHAAAAAT?!?

I submitted my AMCAS two weeks ago and it's still waiting for review (So is like everybody else's who submitted around the same time as me). Are you sure it isn't waiting to be reviewed - if this is actually true I'd be pretty upset.

AACOMAS might be a tad slower, but AMCAS and AACOMAS are both taking 4+ weeks right now from what I've gathered.

Last edited:
No.. I swear it's complete. The application was released to the school that I'm applying to about 3 hours after it was complete and I have already received their secondary via e-mail.... pretty insane huh?

I received pre-verification secondaries from several schools within hours of submitting, but I wasn't verified. I have a very very very hard time believing that AMCAS let you cut in front of thousands of applicants to be verified. I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure this isn't true, but I'm around 98% sure that this isn't true and you got pre-verfication secondaries.

Otherwise, you're very very very lucky.

yea, GWU is one of the schools that sends out these pre-verified secondaries.

I have a hard time believing that. My application took exactly one month to be verified, although I did receive a notice from a school prior to verification that they had received my application. I'm not sure why they would expedite the processing of your application over the thousands of others who have been waiting anxiously these past few weeks. :confused:

If you apply EDP to a school amcas expedites the process and you will be verified/released that day or shortly after. For everyone else you are put in the back of the line and it'll take 6 weeks. BTW, i don't know if your technically "allowed" to apply to DO schools if you apply EDP to an MD school. I guess they will never probably find out but idk ?

WHAAAAAT?!?

I submitted my AMCAS two weeks ago and it's still waiting for review (So is like everybody else's who submitted around the same time as me). Are you sure it isn't waiting to be reviewed - if this is actually true I'd be pretty upset.

AACOMAS might be a tad slower, but AMCAS and AACOMAS are both taking 4+ weeks right now from what I've gathered.

I submitted my AMCAS the first hour the application was able to be submitted and was verified in about 4 hours. I don't think they can possibly do it in 10 minutes as the OP says, but AMCAS is much better at verifying...they get about 4x as many applications and will have it verified before AACOMAS. I also submitted my AACOMAS on the first day and it took them 4 weeks to verify me, and I was one of the first ones!!

I submitted my AMCAS the first hour the application was able to be submitted and was verified in about 4 hours. I don't think they can possibly do it in 10 minutes as the OP says, but AMCAS is much better at verifying...they get about 4x as many applications and will have it verified before AACOMAS. I also submitted my AACOMAS on the first day and it took them 4 weeks to verify me, and I was one of the first ones!!

I realize that AMCAS is this fast on the first day (and probably also the first week or so) of submissions, but OP wasn't talking about submitting in the first hours after AMCAS opened.

However, I do see that OP applied EDP, and this obv changes things.

My point was that assuming someone submits to AMCAS/AACOMAS *right now* there probably isn't going to be an overwhelming difference in time of processing. 10 minutes of processing time on a non-EDP MD primary right now would be unfathomable.

If you apply EDP to a school amcas expedites the process and you will be verified/released that day or shortly after. For everyone else you are put in the back of the line and it'll take 6 weeks. BTW, i don't know if your technically "allowed" to apply to DO schools if you apply EDP to an MD school. I guess they will never probably find out but idk ?

Applying to MD EDP rules only applies to MD applications not DO applications.

I mean what do yall want me to do? take a screen pic and show it to you? It's 100% verified. Here is a copy of the e-mail that i got for those of you who still aren't believing...

"Congratulations INSERT MY NAME HERE,

Your AMCAS 2010 application has completed processing. Please log on and review your
application using the Print Application option located on the right side of the Main
Menu.

Important Information:
You are required to review your verified course work and GPA. If you find
discrepancies, or you disagree with changes made during the verification process, you
are responsible for submitting an Academic Change Request within ten days from the
date AMCAS processing is complete. The Academic Change Request option is available
on the right side of the Main Menu. Please read the online help text for more
information about the Academic Change Request process.

Thank you for using AMCAS."

and for those of you who stillll don't believe, there is another
person in this thread that had the same thing happen (we applied to the same school..)
It's the 4th post down.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=625490

yea ONLY because you applied ED. ED only takes 1 day tops because all ED apps are automatically put on the top of the list no matter when they are submitted.

AMCAS takes a solid 3-4 weeks for RD.

AACOMAS takes 6 weeks even if you submit the first week they are opened. They are terrible, but AMCAS is NOT nearly as good as you say it is. It can definitely run a few laps around AACOMAS, though.

OP, what's your point? Are you just mad about how long AACOMAS is taking? You're EDP with AMCAS, so it's not like it's Apples vs. Apples here...

OP, what's your point? Are you just mad about how long AACOMAS is taking? You're EDP with AMCAS, so it's not like it's Apples vs. Apples here...

No! i'm not mad with AACOMAS or anything! I'm just simply saying that it's amazing that AMCAS can get its task completed so quickly while AACOMAS takes 4-6 weeks. I didn't mean for anyone to get pissed about this thread.. just simply a comparison between MD and DO. Honestly I'd prefer DO. I would only go MD because it will leave me 5oK in debt compared to 150k in debt.

No! i'm not mad with AACOMAS or anything! I'm just simply saying that it's amazing that AMCAS can get its task completed so quickly while AACOMAS takes 4-6 weeks. I didn't mean for anyone to get pissed about this thread.. just simply a comparison between MD and DO. Honestly I'd prefer DO. I would only go MD because it will leave me 5oK in debt compared to 150k in debt.

Are you early decision with AACOMAS? If not, it's not amazing at all. As several posters have pointed out, early decision goes to the top of the list at AMCAS. You can't compare the two situations. Apples and oranges.

Are you early decision with AACOMAS? If not, it's not amazing at all. As several posters have pointed out, early decision goes to the top of the list at AMCAS. You can't compare the two situations. Apples and oranges.

exactly. however, AMCAS is definitely faster overall. with AMCAS RD, if you submit your app the first day AMCAS opens, your app will be verified in a week. if you submit it early July, it will take 3 weeks. with AACOMAS RD, it seems to take them 4-6 weeks even when you submit your app the day AACOMAS opens.

go compare the verification threads between AMCAS and AACOMAS from last year and you'll see what I'm saying. AMCAS sucks and AACOMAS sucks even worse.