My New DAT scores!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just took my DAT for the second time today from 12(noon) to 4:30PM and here are my results:

Academic Average: 20 (92.4 Percentile)
Perceptual Ability: 23 (99.5)
Quantitative: 17 (62.6)
Reading Comp: 23 (98.2)
Biology: 22 (98.2)
General Chem: 18 (68.9)
Organic Chem: 21 (93.0)
Total Science: 20 (93.9)

Well, I achieved my goal! I got the 20s that I wanted! That F@#*ing quantitative crap, I run out of time both times when I take the darn thing! I had 9 questions out of 40 left in that section when my DAT ended! I was so pissed!! At any rate, I need to go and get some sleep, been up since 5 AM today! Thanks to everyone that cheered me on!

I'm just glad that this DAT thing is over with! Now we'll just have to see if the schools will like these scores with my blemish undergrad GPA!

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Woo-Hoo!! Good job Yah-ZZZ, See you almost hit what I predicted you would hit! I predicted 21/23PAT and you got a 20/23. Not bad huh? Well I signed up today for the kaplan class for april and I went and saw the first PAT video. I can't wait to dive into all that extra stuff. I hope I can do as well as you. Your motivation has inspired a lot of people. Let me know if you want to share all of those exams you have from kaplan/etc.

Desident,

I know, your predictions were extremely close!! I'm just glad that I can move on and concentrate on my post-bac program curriculum now! I've been slacking in that department because I wanted to do well on the DAT. PRIORITIES, right?

At any rate, if you signed up for Kaplan DAT course, you'll have ample practice materials for the DAT, I can assure you! I'm not sure how much you'll get out of the classes, but their studying materials are "KEY"!!!! I'll tell you what, if I get interviews and hopefully an acceptance this year, it just goes to show that if you wanted bad enough, it WILL happen!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Yah-ZZZ!
Good job! I'm vey happy for you. I'm sure that you'll make it to dental school.
I better start studying soon.
So, you studied all morning until test time?
I've never crammed like that before. But obviously it works for you.
Congrats
tink

Way to go Yah-z!!

Those scores are awesome!! You'll probably get an interview at UoP soon. I hear that they look heavily at the Reading Comp score- probably a good predictor of your ability to digest large volumes of info quickly, which would be helpful in tackling their intense, 3-year curriculum.

Congrats!

Smile_doc

Tinkerbell and Smile-Doc,

Thank you both for sharing your excitement with me about my scores! Yes, I tend to cram a bit, but I did start studying for the DAT intensively back in October! The "10-hour cramming marathon" is a great tool for me to stick last minute mnemonics, formulas, and reagents in my head before the "big dance"! I would strongly recommend to start your studies continuously as early as possible for the DAT (3-4 months a head of time minimum, especially if you have other things going on). I dedicated about four hours to the DAT each day since October and since then, I also had two two-week breaks (Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks) where I put in at least 8 hours a day for the DAT.

I've been slacking so bad lately the last three-four months in my post-bac. program to concentrate on the DAT, I really now need to re-focus. You know what sucks, you think that my brain can finally get some rest now.....YEAH RIGHT!! I have to go right back to the library today and start studying for my medical biochemistry II exam for this upcoming Monday! I looked at my syllabi for the rest of my quarter, I'll have a least one exam a week for the rest of the quarter! More cramming, I guess!

I emailed my new DAT scores to the nine schools that I've applied to for next year, they've all replied expressing some level of excitement for me and my application. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on my application/admission progress! With my 2.4 overall science GPA in my undergrad record, I am so very glad that I pulled off the DAT. Now hopefully with my new DAT scores and my 3.30 graduate/post-bac. GPA, I'll get some interviews and hopefully an acceptance! We'll have to see!