• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

quixote1974

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2001
Visit site
Status
Hi, I have a question for all of you. I had to scramble into my spot. But, my letter that I received on match day said that I matched into a Psychiatry / Preliminary spot. I thought preliminary spots only existed for medicine and surgery. As far as I know I haven't seen any preliminary psych programs--all spots listed are categorical.

Does this mean that their committment is for only one year? I don't think it's going to be a super huge deal, but I'd like to know.

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
Have you tried logging onto the NRMP website and seeing what it says there? Once you have a official program name, you can look up more info on it on eras. It probably says prelim/psych because psych only requires 1/2 yr of medicine, so the other half will be occupied by psych. I imagine that you did match into a psych program since they usually don't split up programs like that, but that's something that you should find out for sure on your own by contacting your pd and searching the web.

About the Ads