trouserz

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2001
53
0
Status (Visible)
Well where should i start?
1. my professors are idiots
2. it is a "quasi independent study program" but really they don't teach you ****
3. the textbooks are terrible taylor- fundamentals, brunner - med surg
4. the clinical performance exams are highly subjective
5. the msns think they know soo much but the texts and medical references say otherwise
6. if i hear - "you can do the bed bath" one more time i will kill someone!!
7.the tests are designed to weed out students not doing so well in light of the nursing shortage - MOTIVATION: to keep our 95% graduate board passing rate
8. my professors are also ugly
thank you for letting me vent my angers... let me go to med school please god..
email me at [email protected]
 
J

jules96734

If you find that you don't like nursing you could pursue other health care programs such as medical technology. I think med tech will help you alot in med school. They take alot of biochem, anatomy and physiology, and micro courses etc.

If you still want to do nursing, you may want to look into other nursing programs that are more tailored to your needs.
 
About the Ads

snowballz

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2001
285
1
Status (Visible)
To the initial poster..

You will NOT get into medical school. I believe this for a few reasons. The first being that a nursing curricula does not have any of the medical school prerequisites. Secondly, you obviously have no respect for your authority, which is your instructors. Third, you're rude and use crude language on a public discussion board. Lastly, you appear in your post to be an imbecile. Despite what you think, your instructors do know more than you, whether your ego wants to believe it or not. Grow up.

Alicia :rolleyes:
 

Pathologist

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2000
327
0
Fostoria, Ohio, USA
www.geocities.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by jules96734:
•If you find that you don't like nursing you could pursue other health care programs such as medical technology. I think med tech will help you alot in med school. They take alot of biochem, anatomy and physiology, and micro courses etc.

I agree! I really enjoy my medical technology program. We have to take many science classes, plus others, like hematology, parasitology, diagnostic immunology, blood banking, and body fluid analysis. These should all be great help in med school. Besides, the field is a good one to enter right now. Start-out salary is good and there's a shortage right now. I hope you figure out the right thing to do. :)
 

Vasiley Zaitsev

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2001
220
0
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Pathologist:
•I agree! I really enjoy my medical technology program. We have to take many science classes, plus others, like hematology, parasitology, diagnostic immunology, blood banking, and body fluid analysis. These should all be great help in med school. Besides, the field is a good one to enter right now. Start-out salary is good and there's a shortage right now. I hope you figure out the right thing to do. :)


I'm not sure why, but med tech majors have the lowest acceptance rate to med school of ANY major, including nursing. Can someone pls explain?

owcc16
 

Vasiley Zaitsev

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2001
220
0
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Pathologist:
•I'm not sure. I've never heard this before. I'm curious, where did you hear/read this? :)


the stats in MSAR..the "bible" of medical schools! can't beat that! =D


owcc16

p.s. med techs had like a 18% acceptance rate overall..next lowest was nursing, @ 24.2 percent. Highest was history, at nearly 60%...
 

FLY

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2001
321
1
Umd-College Park
Status (Visible)
High rate in History is b/c.. only top level undergraduates would major in History and then apply for med school..high % is also b/c of low #s applying... while most semi-decent students would major in bio-something just to make it to med-school...and although a higher # of bio-somethings would make it, they have a low % of accp. b/c of high number of applicants....
 

Vasiley Zaitsev

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2001
220
0
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by DiGiTaliZed:
•High rate in History is b/c.. only top level undergraduates would major in History and then apply for med school..high % is also b/c of low #s applying... while most semi-decent students would major in bio-something just to make it to med-school...and although a higher # of bio-somethings would make it, they have a low % of accp. b/c of high number of applicants....•


Perhaps, but I hear that med techs have a low rate (in addition to nursing and pharm) because their "dedication to medicine is very low, considering such, they are entering the MD program primarily for the money". That was not me, but an admin officer who I have spoken to..I kid you not..

owcc16
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.