my part 1 experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,,

its after a long time i am posting..

well i am done with my part 1 exam.

first of all .. u guys shld have a lot of stamina to sit for the 8 hours and then sharpen u r brain to work brilliantly for all this time..

it was all a messed up examm.. i mean d.a. anat, o.h. biochem.. i mean u do one question abt the nerve supply n the next one pops out on the dental anatomy.. so u really have to have loads of concentration..

and there were lot of questions on systemic anatomy..
biochem enzymes
cell junctions
nerve supply of various organs
many many questions on immunology
smooth n skeletal muscle
patho was easy..
testlets were again not that difficult
diabetes
bones histological structure
adh
pituatry

d.a. was crazy.. i mean all those grooves on teeth, ridges, mesial distal..so much to think of..

there was adequate time to review the questions..

well this is all i can say..
and they also asked abt cloning and genetic engineering..

i dnt know hw i have done.. i guessed for all the questions.. dnt knw those guesses were right or wrong..
i din't see many repeats may be a few ques in patyh..that's all i can think of.. i mean most of the questions were new.. u need to think before answering..i mean not straight forward kind of questions..

my friend also had her exam in same centre at same time.. she had an easier paper than me..

well.. i think i have to write it againg..

so lets wait for the result..

and my advice to u guys is just dn't see the answer..dnt cram anything try to understand the things..they don't ask straight forward questions... u need to think a lot n then arrive at a answer..

well this is what i felt.. it's different for different people..

wish me luck that i get atleast a passing score ..so that my family doesn't kick me out of the home:beat::beat:

Members don't see this ad.

so u r done wid ur exams? well, gud luck wid ur score.. No 1 will kick u dont worry, its really a hard exam ,not every1 has the capacity to take these kind of exams. So dont worry, u dared it. I juz wanted to ask u something, r decks sufficient to read for part 1, or some reference books need to be read? if we study decks carefully, do u think most of the questions can be answered?

dr37 i felt the exact same way. i totally agree. it was a tough exam for me too. i swore if i had another question on enzymes i'd chew my headphones:D after my exam i couldn't remember most of the questions, you on the other hand gave a very good list of topics. i got my results in just 1 week. i thought they'd give it out in 3-4 weeks. so i was surprised.

don't worry, i'm sure you did well. for now, just breathe and be glad its done :p

hey thanks a lot for ur tips and the topics!!!dont worry....u will do well!!and we will all pray for u!all the best!!!!

btw...i forgot to ask u...what books did u follow?what all material did u read?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey thanks a lot for ur tips and the topics!!!dont worry....u will do well!!and we will all pray for u!all the best!!!!

btw...i forgot to ask u...what books did u follow?what all material did u read?

i mainly refered the first aid and the decks.. i also studied my school notes.. i had kaplan's but to be very frank.. i just read few topic from it..

dr37 i felt the exact same way. i totally agree. it was a tough exam for me too. i swore if i had another question on enzymes i'd chew my headphones:D after my exam i couldn't remember most of the questions, you on the other hand gave a very good list of topics. i got my results in just 1 week. i thought they'd give it out in 3-4 weeks. so i was surprised.

don't worry, i'm sure you did well. for now, just breathe and be glad its done :p

hey.. how much did u get..and result in one week only.. then even i should check my post daily..
dnt knw whts gonna happen

i mainly refered the first aid and the decks.. i also studied my school notes.. i had kaplan's but to be very frank.. i just read few topic from it..

ok thanks!!can i know if u have stressed on first aid?is it worth buying as i actually got mosby?

anyway...i heard that mostly all results come very soon...within 10 days.so hope for the best!!may u get the result u desired for!!all the very best once again!u must be very tensed na...:)

ok thanks!!can i know if u have stressed on first aid?is it worth buying as i actually got mosby?

anyway...i heard that mostly all results come very soon...within 10 days.so hope for the best!!may u get the result u desired for!!all the very best once again!u must be very tensed na...:)

THANKS..

WILL POST MY RESULT AS SOON AS I GET THEM..

hey guys... i haven't recieved my results yet..

hw much time 'll it take..??
its been 2 and half weeks tht i wrote my exam..

hey guys... i haven't recieved my results yet..

hw much time 'll it take..??
its been 2 and half weeks tht i wrote my exam..
Don't worry, you will get the results soon. Sometimes it can take 3 weeks or even 4, depending on how many people took the exam.
Good luck!

hi all...

i recievd the letter from ada..
i got 77.. it was my first attempt..i had a tough exam still i got more that 75..
not a good score though..

so my stats are
part 1 : 77
gpa : 3.5
experience : completed internship this month

should i apply somewhere or no need to waste the money..

and my friend got 80, her gpa is 3.2,, any suggestions for her..

i am bit disappointed..but i feel its ok..life should move on..

what to do now??

Please can you post your raw scores for the individual subjects because i m also writing my exam after 15 days .

hi all...

i recievd the letter from ada..
i got 77.. it was my first attempt..i had a tough exam still i got more that 75..
not a good score though..

so my stats are
part 1 : 77
gpa : 3.5
experience : completed internship this month

should i apply somewhere or no need to waste the money..

and my friend got 80, her gpa is 3.2,, any suggestions for her..

i am bit disappointed..but i feel its ok..life should move on..

what to do now??
Hi, congratulations, it is still good that you've passed the exam. Unfortunately, I don't think that this score is competitve, so you should think about retaking the exam. Now, that you know the pattern of the exam, it should be easier for you to study. Good luck!
Also, can you please post your raw scores?