MS-1
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status
Medical Student
"Move b*tch, get out the way
get out the way b*tch, get out the way"
Ludacris f*cked me big time......
I think ludacris was telling you to get out of the way for the next interviewee... you know, the one who was kind enough to turn off his cell phone ^_^ jk jk Anyway, sucks big time if it's true.

JEW UNIT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
lol nice...Hey atleast your not trying to hide what kind of music you like...Maybe they like that sort of thing :p.

Tangojackson

7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
i am so pissed now. b/c I thought my phone was on vibrate.
Is it anything I can do to at this point?

Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Funny but terrible if that did happen. Should always turn off your cell.... :)

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Sorry, I know that having your phone go off if horrible but that is hilarious!!!
Especially since it was those particular lyrics!!!!

Hey, if it makes you feel any better - it's better that it was ludacris than the jonas brothers or something. I mean, if your phone's ring tone was the jonas brothers it would look rude and lame, instead of just rude :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

hckyplyr

My fighting days are over
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
"Move b*tch, get out the way
get out the way b*tch, get out the way"
Ludacris f*cked me big time......
Well if this story is true, what did your interviewers say/do/facial expressions/etc??? Don't just leave us hanging

Pharmaniac

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
lol, what was the gender of your interviewer? :p (that might matter in this case lmao)

Tangojackson

7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
it was an interview committee, 1 guy and 4 ladies. They were asking me: "what makes you stand out from other applicants?" Then all the sudden my phone rang, they were looking at me like "wtf?!" The black lady was cover her mouth and laughing.

Talking about most awkward moment of my life

JEW UNIT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
I smell a lawsuit coming :p Ludacris better watch himself

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
it was an interview committee, 1 guy and 4 ladies. They were asking me: "what makes you stand out from other applicants?" Then all the sudden my phone rang, they were looking at me like "wtf?!" The black lady was cover her mouth and laughing.

I'm sure worse things have happened :)

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student

omg :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

that is great timing

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

at least one person laughed

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Ah this reminds me of a time when a high-ranking non-commissioned officer (3 pay grades above me) was scolding me about "professionalism" over the way I answered the phone in my office and all of a sudden his phone rings, and it's "Dont'cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me..."

Even though he outranked me big time, at that point I'd lost respect for him and just went back to my Excel document I'd been working on when he barged in on me.

Truly priceless.

Stupid ring tones are stupid.

lmaonadestand

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Ah this reminds me of a time when a high-ranking non-commissioned officer (3 pay grades above me) was scolding me about "professionalism" over the way I answered the phone in my office and all of a sudden his phone rings, and it's "Dont'cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me..."

Even though he outranked me big time, at that point I'd lost respect for him and just went back to my Excel document I'd been working on when he barged in on me.

Truly priceless.

My ringtone is Notifier_Greeter. Does that count as stupid? :xf:

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student

Truly priceless.

Not nearly as funny as if had been "move b*tch get out the way" :laugh:

By3Times1Minus1

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Austin, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
at least it wasn't something like afroman's -"'cuz i got high" or "sippin' on sizzurp" by three 6 mafia. i could see you trying to reason your way out of that one. "well, i believe phenergan with codeine is really a miracle drug. i have seen it help so many of my patients through debilitating coughs...but only the purple kind."

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Not nearly as funny as if had been "move b*tch get out the way" :laugh:

Psssh, it's way more funny, because here's this 6'4" scary-looking NCO staring me down... all stern and serious... then that ring tone goes off and it's some girl asking if I wished my girlfriend was a freak like her and he's like, "oops gotta take this."

chemguy79

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Chapel Hill
My personal favorite would be the ring tone of 'Closer' by NIN ... THAT would surely get you accepted to Pharmacy School!

Pharmaniac

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
My personal favorite would be the ring tone of 'Closer' by NIN ... THAT would surely get you accepted to Pharmacy School!
lol :laugh: imagine the chorus comes on full blast and your interviewer's a chick.... Say goodbye to that school! :cool:

chemguy79

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Chapel Hill
lol :laugh: imagine the chorus comes on full blast and your interviewer's a chick.... Say goodbye to that school! :cool:
EXACTLY! Although ... she may be flattered and you could be guaranteed acceptance.

Another personal favorite, "I'm Horny" by T Mousse. If he/she is a South Park fan, they would be impressed!

By3Times1Minus1

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Austin, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
my interviewer at one school actually answered a phone call from his wife and discussed lunch plans with her in the middle of asking me a question. unfortunately, it wasn't a funny ringtone or anything, but i still thought it was a tad bit unprofessional, especially because he completely lost his train of thought. i had to remind him what he had even asked me. i'm sure if i had done that to him, i could have kissed my chances goodbye.

phathead

Future World Drug Lord
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Dude you totally just made my day right there, thanks for that :D

And to continue the thread tangent, I never have songs with words in them, mine are always instrumental. Right now it's one of the pieces from the last Star Trek movie. I rock.

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Dude you totally just made my day right there, thanks for that :D

And to continue the thread tangent, I never have songs with words in them, mine are always instrumental. Right now it's one of the pieces from the last Star Trek movie. I rock.
That's hot. I want you for your Star Trek ring tone lololol

lymmys

It wasn't me!
10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
wow, classic! Well, look on the bright side guys, you know what to do and what NOT to do in YOUR interview in the future lol

PharmBoy8

Accepted Pharmacy Student
Dec 14, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
"ooo, you touch my tra la la, my ding ding dong," by Gunther and the Sunshine Girls

:)

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Mine changes. I have the the doctor who theme, theme from star wars, the star wars cantina band for normal days but I also have time warp for halloween and various christmas songs

of course i don't really use my phone so no one can really hear my ring tone but it's good to be prepared

Jun 9, 2009
Status
I (usually) use ringtones that don't have any words in them. On the last time I left my phone to ring unintentionally was at a screening, and the pharmacist and the patient who were watching me seemed to be at least ok with it (especially since I turned it off quickly).

Sugadarlin

Focused
Mar 16, 2010
SoCal
Status
Pharmacist
Good reason to avoid ringtones with lyrics LOL :) I also wonder about those people who have songs playing when you call them instead of the normal ringing sound. Unless it's some kind of elevator music, I'd recommend avoiding that too.

Jun 9, 2009
Status
Good reason to avoid ringtones with lyrics LOL :) I also wonder about those people who have songs playing when you call them instead of the normal ringing sound. Unless it's some kind of elevator music, I'd recommend avoiding that too.
What about elevator music without words? :laugh:

elevenphoenix

fresh grad dying for tips on NAPLEX. HELP :(.
Nov 21, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
Hah, my ringtone is "Boats N' Hoes,".....so glad I had mine on vibrate (not that anyone would have called me anyway).

Jun 8, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Omg that is hilarious. If I was next to you or on that committee i would have been laughing pretty damn hard.

arsenalfc11

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2008
Status
I had Kanye's Through the Wire go off while one of my interviews asked me a question. He laughed, but I didn't panic, I just powered it off.

Sugadarlin

Focused
Mar 16, 2010
SoCal
Status
Pharmacist
Hah, my ringtone is "Boats N' Hoes,".....so glad I had mine on vibrate (not that anyone would have called me anyway).
LMAO! From one of my FAVORITE comedies!

thephoenician88

wat.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
professionalism violation...i don't care how funny it is, it wouldn't stand in class, i don't know if it will in an interview.

Prepharm1214

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2007
Status
Pharmacist
Sounds like a troll topic, but anyway - I don't think it would hurt you based on what type of music you like...it's simply your preference. On the other hand, if I'm the interviewer I would have serious questions about your professionalism when every time your phone rings it's blaring profanity to those around you. You would however definitely get docked for not turning your phone off, that's just a given and a no no.

Nupe954

Make it happen
Oct 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
Sounds like a troll topic, but anyway - I don't think it would hurt you based on what type of music you like...it's simply your preference. On the other hand, if I'm the interviewer I would have serious questions about your professionalism when every time your phone rings it's blaring profanity to those around you. You would however definitely get docked for not turning your phone off, that's just a given and a no no.
LOL...I am just picturing the adcom's faces!!! At any rate, it doesnt matter where I'm at as soon as I step into a meeting the phone is on silent (not even vibrate!). Could you imagine my current ringtone going off in an interview...wasted - gucci mane :scared:

Jun 11, 2009
dirty h0t south
Status
Pharmacy Student
LOL...I am just picturing the adcom's faces!!! At any rate, it doesnt matter where I'm at as soon as I step into a meeting the phone is on silent (not even vibrate!). Could you imagine my current ringtone going off in an interview...wasted - gucci mane :scared:
HAHA That was my ringtone for a while too. I had the part "I don't wear tight jeans like the white boys, but ________"... you know. :laugh: I just think that part is hilarious honestly.

Right now my ringtone is Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. I bet most under the age of 30 don't know what that is though. It came out the same year I was born.

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Right now my ringtone is Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. I bet most under the age of 30 don't know what that is though. It came out the same year I was born.
when your ring tone goes off do you start dancing on the hood of a car while wearing white lingerie?

wes011

SUCOP Class of 2013
May 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Status
Pharmacy Student
i am so pissed now. b/c I thought my phone was on vibrate.
Is it anything I can do to at this point?
First you should smack yourself for taking your phone into an interview, then smack yourself again for not turning it off.

If you don't get in, I'd suggest re-applying and not at that school.

Hard to be looked at like a future professional colleague when you demonstrate a lack of being a professional.

Hell, keep your head up...worse things have happened I am sure.

Jun 11, 2009
dirty h0t south
Status
Pharmacy Student
when your ring tone goes off do you start dancing on the hood of a car while wearing white lingerie?
I'll leave that one to Tawny Kitaen... Lol

LOL love that song (and the video...I was young when it use to come on early saturday mornings).
It's def. an MTV classic... you know back when they actually played music videos I mean. :laugh: